Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW success - thanks!

tag
tiger67
Regular Contributor

GW success - thanks!

I just want to thank all for some good advice. I’ve been reading the forums for about 6 weeks and thought I would share some of my success.

10/05/08 Status:

(8) 30 days late in 6 accounts, 1 med collection, EQ FICO 674, EX FICO 691

Bank of America Mortgage, 30 days 01/04 (during refi), “pays 30 late”, paid and closed

Popular Mortgage, 30 days 05/06, 12/06, 02/07, current account

Irwin Home Equity, 30 days 02/02, paid and closed

Sears, 30 days 02/02, current account

HSBC/RTG, 30 days 12/02, paid and closed

Capital One Auto Finance, 30 days late 12/06, paid and closed

Paid medical collection, dofd 02/02

10/06/08: Mailed 6 GW letters and Pre-Hipaa letter to EQ

10/30/08 Status: (2) 30days late in 2 accounts

Bank of America Mortgage - clean

Popular Mortgage - clean

Irwin Home Equity – response letter declined to change info, but file is now CLEAN.

Sears - clean

HSBC/RTG – no response yet

Capital One Auto Finance – declined to change info, will GW again

Medical collection – no response yet (23 days)

Checking the mail has been exciting the last three weeks. Now if I can just get Capital One Auto to capitulate, everything will be clean in 4 months at the most.

Thanks again.

Message Edited by tiger67 on 10-30-2008 05:57 AM
Message Edited by tiger67 on 10-30-2008 05:59 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
treski
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW success - thanks!

OMG!  I thought I was spoiled by having TWO deleted.

Good going! 

It feels gooood doesn't it?!

Smiley Happy

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 2 of 4
johnsj21
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!  I GW'd my mortagage company for the one and only 30 day late that I had in July this year - which was purely accidental - and they gave me a big fat NO!  Can you copy and paste a copy of the GW letter that you used?  It must be really good if that many lenders removed your 30 days!!
9/26/08 TU: 528 EQ: 558 EX: 560
11/7/08 TU:584 EQ:601 EX 600
7/21/09 TU:636 EQ:626
12/27/11 TU: 675 EQ:680
Message 3 of 4
tiger67
Regular Contributor

I just modified a sample letter post here. It does feel good to see this much progress in such a short time. I just wish I had found the forums earlier.

Dear Madam or Sir,

I have been a Popular Mortgage Services customer since 2003 and during that time, I have enjoyed my experience greatly. I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. I have three late payments on the above referenced account that date back to 2006 and February 2007. Since that time I have diligently made every payment on time.

Because of my good payment history over the last 20 months, I would like you to consider removing the negative payments from my credit reports. At the time of the late payments, I was living and working in Germany and there was a miscommunication between my spouse and me as to who made the payment. I say that not to justify why the payments were late, but rather to show that the late payments are not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. I hope that Popular Mortgage Services is willing to assist me by erasing this blemish from my credit reports. I have since made all payments online when traveling and a late payment will never occur again.

I have been a very happy customer in the past and hope to continue a long relationship with Popular Mortgage Services. With today’s credit industry so competitive, I know how important it is to maintain good relationships with customers. Throughout our relationship, Popular Mortgage Services has been exceptional in my book and I highly recommend it to my friends and relatives. I hope that you will consider my request and prove once again why Popular Mortgage Services is a company worthy of a customer’s loyalty. I look forward to your reply.

Message Edited by tiger67 on 10-30-2008 05:56 AM
Message Edited by tiger67 on 10-30-2008 05:56 AM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.