Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW success with CITI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW success with CITI

After two GW letters to Citibank I have succeeded.  I received a letter today stating that they were going to delete my entire account which was a charge off from my credit report and were going to forward all of the information to all 3 credit reporting agencies.  Now I have to wait 30 days to see if I have an increase in FICO.  I am excited about this one. 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
andrew783
Established Member

Re: GW success with CITI

maybe you could post a copy of that letter? congrats!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

WTG! By the way, who did you write to at Citibank? I am waiting on a response from them for my GW. Deletion would be fine. The account was only six months, but had 2 60-day lates that are killing me.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!  Congrats!!!

My DH also has a paid charge off with them.  May I ask who did you send it to and what address?

Thanks!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The letter that I used was the standard GW letter found on here with a few minor changes to relate to my situation.  I sent the letter to P.O. Box 6241 Sioux Falls, SD 57117 and I did not specifically address it to anybody in particular.  It is signed by R. M. Pick whose title is Manager.  I am at work currently and not sure if I have the letter on file, but will add it when I get a chance to do so.
Message 5 of 7
rpg
Established Member

I had the same happen with a Citi account too, deleted entire tradeline.

The address I sent to was:

Citibank
P.O. Box 6241
Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6241

I sent the GW letter on 7/28 and received a response via mail on 8/29.

Message 6 of 7
chrisp76
Established Member

@rpg wrote:
I had the same happen with a Citi account too, deleted entire tradeline.

The address I sent to was:

Citibank
P.O. Box 6241
Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6241

I sent the GW letter on 7/28 and received a response via mail on 8/29.

I need to get in touch with someone for Exxon to grant me a GW adjustment to my credit report.  Since Exxon is owned by Citi, would it be okay if I mailed it to this same address?

Thanks!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.