Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW success with the VA?

tag
teachermama14
Established Member

GW success with the VA?

In 2011 I had an overpayment of benefits from the VA and it went into collections/charge off. The item was paid in full within a couple months. Has anyone had success in it being taken off my report as an act of goodwill? I don't even know if it's an option with govt agencies.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW success with the VA?

*BUMP*

I am bumping this unanswered question because I am in the same boat. I had a GI Bill payment for a college class that I withdrew from. It went to collections serviced by the VA Debt Management Center, and was paid in full through tax return garnishment. My credit report shows it as a collection account that is paid in full but the tradeline reports for 7 months as "C", or collection account. I am trying to find a way to clean up my credit report. Any advice?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW success with the VA?

I'm wondering the same thing. I have four accounts listed on my report; PAID, but collections due to over payments and a lapse in enrollment. I tried speaking to a CSR at the debt department, but she said they couldn't remove it and to write a letter explaingint the lapse in enrollment. I highly doubt that's going to remove the paid collections from my report. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.