Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW the OC before the CA account is PFD/fallen off

tag
Williamsjk2
Valued Member

GW the OC before the CA account is PFD/fallen off

This may very well be a stupid question...but

Does it matter if I try to GW the OC on a charged off account before the CA account is dealt with?  

It's a Capital One account that was CO'd and sold to LVNV.  LVNV DV'd and I sent them a PFD.  But in the mean time, should I try and GW Capital one?

(apologies if this post is all over the place, I've had WAY too much coffee and it's only 8:35am here)

Starting Score: EQ 540 w/ 15 baddies
Current Score: EQ 648 TU 668 w/ 1 baddie
Goal Score: EQ 800 TU 800 w/ 0 baddies

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Well on my way to the 700 club!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: GW the OC before the CA account is PFD/fallen off

@Williamsjk2 wrote:

This may very well be a stupid question...but

Does it matter if I try to GW the OC on a charged off account before the CA account is dealt with?  

It's a Capital One account that was CO'd and sold to LVNV.  LVNV DV'd and I sent them a PFD.  But in the mean time, should I try and GW Capital one?

(apologies if this post is all over the place, I've had WAY too much coffee and it's only 8:35am here)

No harm in trying, but even though it has been sold, Cap1 may have records of whether it has been paid or not.   IMO it usually sounds better in your GW letter if you can say that it has been paid, but there might be circumstances where it would work even if unpaid.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW the OC before the CA account is PFD/fallen off

@pizzadude wrote:

No harm in trying, but even though it has been sold, Cap1 may have records of whether it has been paid or not.   IMO it usually sounds better in your GW letter if you can say that it has been paid, but there might be circumstances where it would work even if unpaid.

I agree, mention it's paid and give it a whirl.  Worse thing, they ignore you or write you back a letter saying no.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.