Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

GW this....support group!

I think Im going to set one day a week where I type up GW letters and send them out weekly... is that too much! Do you think they will be sick and tired of hearing from me after 52 letters? It will be easy enough to print them up... I could even do lables for the envelopes. .... ummm who wants to join me? It could be a GW support group. he he he
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 1 of 378
377 REPLIES 377
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW this....support group!

Jesedmotherof5 wrote:
I think Im going to set one day a week where I type up GW letters and send them out weekly... is that too much! Do you think they will be sick and tired of hearing from me after 52 letters? It will be easy enough to print them up... I could even do lables for the envelopes. .... ummm who wants to join me? It could be a GW support group. he he he

We need a name for this group......How do these sound?

Goodwill Hunting - a nice play off the movie. We could cast Matt Damon as our spokesperson.

Organization for Goodwill Policy (OGP) - Public lobbying firm; have contacts here in DC and Congress.

Society for GW Reform  (SGWR)

Get 'Er Done GW Optimist Club (GEDGWOC)

The County Lockup GW Club - For those of us who violated restaining orders for GWing too much.

Or how about the IOASOGWWNTNFAAAWBDUOCIF.............the International Organization and Society of GWrs Who Never Take "No" For An Answer and Won't Be Denied Until Our Credit Is Fixed. Almost catchy, but not quite.

Message 2 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work on repairing my credit at least one day a week.  So, count me in!

I have a success.  ON 5/2 I sent a GW letter to OC, stating it wasn't my account, opened under false pretense, I want proof of signature of who opened the account in my name.

On, 5/10 - I received a letter in return, stating that they found that the account was not mine, and they would have it removed from cr.  THIS is huge!  This account had a balance, and late payments.  I tried disputing with bureaus. etc, etc.  NOW relief!
Message 3 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you send letters once a week, odds are someone will remove it, or want you to stop mailing it and remove it.

Type up the letters once, save them on your PC. If you want to save time, print out say 5 at a time, place them in an envelope. Each week, stamp and mail it out. I would send one every 2 weeks though, since I think that is how long it takes to get approved/rejected?
Message 4 of 378
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

I like them all but specifically these crack me up...

Get 'Er Done GW Optimist Club (GEDGWOC)

The County Lockup GW Club - For those of us who violated restaining orders for GWing too much.

any other votes
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
Message 5 of 378
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

great job hunny bunnz... I havent had any luck yet most are returned back to me for undeliverable address and the others have been ignored.
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
Message 6 of 378
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

okay got four printed up....
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
Message 7 of 378
hmcbride222

I have a question. I am wondering if i send a GW to a company, that is closed, paid in full does that update the amount of time that it will remain on my credit report.

For example. I have Macy's I had one 30 day late payment in Aug 2007.  It is listed as an adverse (negative) account.  If i send a GW to have it removed will they update it and say account  is scheduled to go positive in Nov 2014.

Message 8 of 378
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If you GW in that example, and Macys accepts, then the account will continue to stay on your CR for 10 years from the date it was closed, assuming nothing bad happens to it in the future.

I hear that Macys is good with GWs.
Message 9 of 378
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

yeap what she said... so who got GWs out today???
I have to do a letter to a "previously investigated" reposnce from EX is that a MOV or something eles... Im having a brain freeze?
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
Message 10 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.