Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW this....support group!

Good job Ceejay! Make sure to update us on the responses you get! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 378
TheArcher
New Contributor

Are some of you really sending GW letters to the same agency over and over again? Can this work? Will they just get tired of you and do what you want after a while? Smiley Very Happy
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." -Thomas Paine
Message 42 of 378
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Definitely!!  I am so anxious waiting for the replies!! 

Now I have to tackle:
Citi (overdraft LOC)- scared to call LOL
Comcast -Send them back there boxes and fight with the CA
TimeShare---  The one i dread the most

Message 43 of 378
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Just some advice on Concast... I had to go thru like 6 different people there in order to get the TL removed from my CR. And mine I didn't even consider as valid! (my roommate didn't return my cable boxes b**ch! Well she did after I called her boss, letting her know that my former roommate is about to be detained do to pending theft charges and may miss a few days of work for jail time and hearings... hahaha... she returned em the next day!) I think you just need to find the right person there to speak with, or Do a PFD with the CA, because they said they couldn't do anything with out comcasts approval!

Good luck!
01/2012-EQ 512

Message 44 of 378
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

I have my calendar set to update me every month to resend GW & PFD letters LOL
Message 45 of 378
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

I figure I will send the boxes back... wait about a month and then DV the CA. By that time Comcast should adjust my account so when the CA contacts Comcast to verify or do whatever... the amount will be changed or deleted (hopefully) and then i can PFD ( I owe for the boxes and a little on my final bill) I have no problem paying the final bill but i dont wanna pay for boxes i cant use.  its really my fault.  I put the boxes in my trunk when i was moving out of my apt in MD with the intention of going to comcast to drop them off then back to NY.  Welll I would up back in NY with these cable boxes and everytime i go back to MD i forget to bring them.  My friend just put me on the the wonderful invention of flatrate boxes and im hoping they fit in them and i'll ship them tomorrow.
Message 46 of 378
mrlimo
Regular Contributor

Wish me luck, I just finished my 1 and only GW letter. I have (1) 30 day late on my report from Oct 2004 which I was told back in 2004 when it happened since it was my first one ever and that it was late due to setting up my online payment account incorrectly that it would be removed. I never thought or knew better back then to check my report to see if it was actually changed. If I can get this 1 grey cloud on my report lifted. I will be so much happier.

May I still be a member of the support group even though I have so few to try and disolve?

Message 47 of 378
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Hi All!

Just wanted to share that I got a letter back from Credit One, which I had a 30 day late from February 2008 that I wanted deleted, because when I went to use Bill pay their system wasn't working correctly.

They agreed!!!!... and to add to it, I they are refunding the late fee and the over the limit fee, which add up to about $60.00.... I didn't even ask for that! This gives me the motivation I needed to call Capital One about the letter they sent me which I have been avoiding! They said everything should be removed within 30 days!  This is my most recent "late" and having the biggest effect on my CRs... I can't wait to see the jump!

Thanks for all the advice... I hope others are having the same success!

Bridget

01/2012-EQ 512

Message 48 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent Ford Motor Credit a GW because their account was included in a chi back in Jan 2002. The CHI was discharged and PIPE 2 years early. FMC never lost a penny, I paid every payment that was owed to them. So, given that I had about 7 months left before it comes off anyway, and they were PIPE, they didn't put up much of a fight and immediately deleted the IIOP remarks on all three creaks.

I know, that's an easy one, but I'd figure I mention it to the club.

Cheers...

J

Message Edited by JoeG on 05-28-2008 10:44 PM
Message 49 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent out another round to the last two collections I have on my report..   this will be the 3rd letter since April. I am sending letters every two weeks - have not heard from them yet.

After these two are off, the only bad thing I will have on my report will be Mazda - and it seems that they won't budge. That will be on my report until 2011  Smiley Mad
Message 50 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.