Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW this....support group!

Hawt darn!!! I get up and check my TC report this morning and one of the last two collections that I had dropped! It was listing on my TU and EQ report - they are both gone. My TU score jumped 15 (fako) points.. but EQ didn't budge. WHY does that score never change.. ugghhh. Anyway.. 3 down, 1 one to go!!! And even if they refuse to "goodwill" remove it - it should drop off in Sept anyway.. I am a happy camper today!
Message 51 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

My situation is this.  I am working so much- HONESTLY- that I just don't have a ton of time to dedicate to writing GW letters.  I know it's probably a good idea to rework them, but that will simply have to wait until I'm not working 14 hour days at 3 different jobs! (Good news, however, is that I officially  paid off my entire credit card debt...which has been hovering for 10 years...last month, so the extra work paid off!)

So do you guys think it would be ok for me just to make extra copies of the same letter over and over and over and send it every freakin' week?  Because I've got PLENTY of time to do that!  I have about 32 items to goodwill, so it just isn't realistic for me to write new letters every week.  Any thoughts?  And thanks for the feedback!
Message 52 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, I didn't change anything except the date of my letter - unless they responded to me. If I get no response, I change the date and shoot out the letter again.
Message 53 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

so would you recommend weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly letters?  Sallie Mae has already declined, so should I keep sending weekly until they cave?  Surely there must be an "annoyance threshold" that would encourage them to cave!
Message 54 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

I waited one month before I did my second batch, then I did every two weeks - but some on here are doing weekly, I think.
Message 55 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more success!  The last collection I had was with Security Check and reporting on EX and EQ. Pulled a new TC this morning, EQ has deleted!  So..  I started out with eight different entries of 4 different accounts, and I only have one entry left!   I am soooo happy and anxiously awaiting that last one to be removed!   Smiley Very Happy
Message 56 of 378
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

yeah! I was just going to bump this forward. I got a ltetter back from an OC saying to delete but nothing from the Co! I disputed inaccurte last month, due to the DOFD being worng so hopefully they wont verify!
I got 2 letters returned last week so I have to do some research! Im typing a MOV now and redisputing something on my report that wasnt thier when they did the last investigation!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 57 of 378
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

6 GW letters to Cap1 (3 different addresses).

Just received my 6th identical response today:

Thanks for contacting us about your credit bureau report. We send information on the status of your account to the credit reporting agencies once a month. The agencies keep accounts on your credit report for approximately 7 years from the first date of delinquency.

If you have additional questions about your credit report, you can contact the following credit reporting agencies directly:

Sincerely, DB
Capital One Services, Inc.

So basically no one at Cap1 reads a GW letter... they are probably so used to seeing them by now (mostly members from this board I'd wager), that they just skim them, trash them, and fire off a form letter.

I think I'm going to save the $25 bucks I'd spend in postage over the next 5 years and buy myself a couple cocktails instead.

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672, 681, 692
Goal Score: 700, 700, 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 58 of 378
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I got some responses back from CapOne too... though they asked for my Account #'s (I sent partial #'s and my SSN) because they couldn't find them... I find that rather remarkable especially since they continue to Validate each time!

In light of this, anyway I can use this to my advantage?

Thanks, any help will be appreciated!

Bridget
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 59 of 378
butterflygirlinluv
Regular Contributor

hello..what does gw mean?
Message 60 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.