Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Re: GW this....support group!

I sent all all the disputes and good wills I can for the week. Im down one week on all of my disputes to the cra's for my unanswered DVs, incorrect reporting information and obselte letters... I really hope that they all jsut fall from my grace! he he he yeah right! teh one that really irks me is that 65.00 I paid for a collection. It is reporting as an installment thus giving me 18 lates! It soo tanks my score!
I also lost 5 points for a new account being added... got to my report before my payment posted too! (didnt take a loss of the balnce though) just the newbieness..
ANyway good luck with all those GW this week!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 101 of 378
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Ceejay1978 wrote:
I GW'd the following on 5/22 and 5/23

CapOne- Nasty looking lates i need removed
Chase (OC) - was sent to a CA. Paid/settle with CA.  nasty looking lates and CO removed
Childrens Place/Citi- 2 lates removed
Walmart/GE Money- account pd off- 2 lates removed
HSBC/orchard (OC)- was sent to a CA and paid/settled with CA... nasty looking lates removed
Macys- 2 late removed
Shell/Citi- Paid and settled- nasty lates and Co removed

PFD'd

CA for $88 willing to PIF

Okay...

CapOne- GW resp... everything on your report is right.  No we aint changin jack
Chase (OC) - No Response
Childrens Place/Citi- We'll gladly take off all the negative info :CHEESE:
Walmart/GE Money- No response (but I think they reported that I am disputing the info on my CR
HSBC/orchard (OC)- No Response
Macys- No response
Shell/Citi- GW resp... everything on your report is right.  No we aint changin jack. ( And we are reporting you as disputing!)

PFD'd

CA for $88 willing to PIF - everything on your report is right.  No we aint changin jack. So pay everything!  NOW
Message 102 of 378
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

I just emailed the PFD letter to the Krapp dude @ IC Systems... Wish me luck

Also....  I have had a couple of my GW letters turn into disputes.  DO I stop sending or hjust keep sending and BOLD the words GOOD WILL or maybe I should send them a different letter.  Any advise.  I am not disputing I just want them to be nice to me and have pity.  What to do???
Message 103 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am changing my "goodwill" plan.

I am going to write to the ones that are left an not ask for a "goodwill" adjustment - but instead, I will beg them to just remove the account completely. Maybe that will work.
Message 104 of 378
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

May be.... I think Im going to have some fun with my good wills... Ie take a family picture and my dream home and mail it with a letter!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
Message 105 of 378
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Ceejay1978 wrote:
I just emailed the PFD letter to the Krapp dude @ IC Systems... Wish me luck

Also....  I have had a couple of my GW letters turn into disputes.  DO I stop sending or hjust keep sending and BOLD the words GOOD WILL or maybe I should send them a different letter.  Any advise.  I am not disputing I just want them to be nice to me and have pity.  What to do???

IC Systems accepted the PFD and as long as they receive my payment by the 30th they will remove anything accosiated with my account number.  YAY!!!!!

And im finally getting around to tackling my Comcast issue!!!
Message 106 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just saw this group! I didn't know you were 'supposed' to send out GW letters so often... but now after reading all these posts it looks like most people send them out more than once a month. I guess I need to get on the ball! Will I have better luck with these GW's now that ALL of my husbands and my credit cards are being paid off in FULL this week Smiley Happy Can you tell I'm excited? haha (they were all at over 80% utl) Jen
Message 107 of 378
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Whew! Finished Round 4 today. Everything is out. I'm done for the while. There isn't anything else I can do (other than complain). Started this round on 6/9 and finished today.

llecs:
  • CapOne (2 lates in '02) - Sent 8 GWs, 6 by mail and 2 faxes
  • Verizon Wireless - Sent 8 PFDs via mail, called 1x, and sent first DV to non-reporting CA
  • Americredit (multiple lates) - 5 GWs, 1 of which was to their Pres., and one by fax. Also called and they said "no way".
  • AFNI - Sent 7 PFDs (5 by e-mail, 1 fax, and 1 mailed). Got one response in past week for an e-mail saying they would only update.
  • NEW** Credit Collection Services - CA going after $30. They sent a dunning letter and responded with a DV this week. They sent me a dunning letter for the first time 10 months ago and I sent them a DV then with no response.

DW:

• CapOne CO (listed as pd but we didn't pay) - Sent 8 PFDs, 6 mail and 2 fax.
  • Verizon CO (land-line) - Sent 2 PFDs
  • American Collection Enterprise - 3 PFDs, one of which was to the medical OC.
  • Aspire Card (5 lates) - Sent 4 GWs, one was to their Pres.
  • Americredit - see above
  • NEW** Unique National Collections - CA going after library fine. DW paid the library and I fired off a DV to them. They aren't reporting.

Grand Tally for Round 4 (6/9 to 6/19):

GWs - 17, PFDs - 28, DVs - 3, Calls - 2, Postage - $34.86...........Removal of just 1: PRICELESS

Message 108 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I got another "sorry I'd love to help you but I can't" letter from Mazda Saturday. I guess I am done with my GW's and disputes. My TC subscription expired yesterday and I'm not going to renew it for a while.

I am happy though..  the Mazda thing is the only bad thing left on my report - I was able to get everything else off. I have had good results with the help of this forum! Good luck to the rest of you!  Smiley Happy
Message 109 of 378
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Tidbit- don't give up just print like 20 of them off and mail them every few days.....persistence is key don't let them get to you... someday your letter might land on the desk of someone like us!
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
Message 110 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.