Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
_andClimbing
Contributor

Re: GW this....support group!

I received responses from Round 1 today:
- US Dept of Edu - deleting all lates (6 total of up to 120 days late), Capital One CC deleted all lates (2 x 30)
- Merrick said no, Cap 1 Auto said no

I also mailed round 2 today:
- HSBC (x4 new addresses)
- Orchard Bank
- Cap 1 Auto
- Americredit
- Merrick Bank

Between GWs, valid disputes, and paying down util %, my EQ Fico is +95 since May 11.

I've never posted before because you all hand me all the information I need just be reading and searching the existing threads. I can't thank you all enough!
5/11/08 FICOs: EQ - 551
8/6/08 FICOs: EQ - 659, EX - 663, TU - 683
Message 111 of 378
_andClimbing
Contributor

Forgot to mention - in Round 2, I changed my letters a little bit and added a bit of personal, hand-written text at the end of each. We'll see if that helps!
Message 112 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone post a GW letter that you've had success with for Capitol One? I also wanted to write that I had success with the Gap! They totally deleted my TL. But on a separate GW letter for my husbands account they wrote saying they were reporting correctly. Kind of funny - the letters obviously went to two different people. Jen
Message 113 of 378
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

What address did you use for the department of education I have sent out three GWs to them for some lates and I keep gettting them back as undelverable.
 BTW that is a great start!!!
Keep going!
Jessica
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 114 of 378
_andClimbing
Contributor

Congrats on your success!

I think I sent the Capital One GW that worked to:

PO Box 85049
Richmond, VA 23286-9228

I sent the standard GW letter from this site, with some customization based on my circumstances and info (apologies for lack of credit to OP, I can't recall who posted it).
Message 115 of 378
_andClimbing
Contributor

Thanks Jessica! I am so grateful for the helpful info on this site.

I sent the Dept of Edu GW to:

Direct Loan Servicing Center
PO Box 5609
Greenville, TX 75403-5609

Hope that helps!
Message 116 of 378
butterflygirlinluv
Regular Contributor

Hello!!
I love reading about everyones success and determination!!

I sent out a few GW a few weeks ago and received my first one back!! Target said they would delete my 4 lates and report it to CRA!

Today I received a letter from Wells Fargo (auto loan) and they said they will not delete any lates b/c it is accurate and they do not post information that is wrong.
What do I do??? Keep sending GW to them???

Can I send GW letters out to accts that have been closed but have many lates???

Thank you all for all the great guidance on this fabulous journey I have beguN!!!
Message 117 of 378
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Thanks _andcliming!!!! Im going to get that out tomorrow on my good will tuesday!
Butterflygirlinluv- yes yes yes do send GW to closed account... keep on trying and never give up!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 118 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, We are VERY new to this whole repairing credit life but I am trying to get on the ball and get our Fico's up again... Any help will be awesome and GREATLY appreciated. 1- Can anyone send me copies of GW letters that I can send out or point me in the right direction of getting and idea of what to type up. 2- What kind of accts do GW letters work on? IE- Charge off accts? or just late pmt accts? 3- How long does it usually take before you start seeing a change? When I get more questions in my head to ask I hope it will be fine to come back and ask more questions... Thank you in advance.
Message 119 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just type in the search box "goodwill letter" and you will get quite a few examples. As far as how long it takes to see a change - it depends on many factors such as how many you have, how old they are, and how receptive the companies are to your please.  So basically, there's really no way to know.

Good luck!
Message 120 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.