Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW this....support group!

jjkdgps7 wrote:
Hi everyone, We are VERY new to this whole repairing credit life but I am trying to get on the ball and get our Fico's up again... Any help will be awesome and GREATLY appreciated. 1- Can anyone send me copies of GW letters that I can send out or point me in the right direction of getting and idea of what to type up. 2- What kind of accts do GW letters work on? IE- Charge off accts? or just late pmt accts? 3- How long does it usually take before you start seeing a change? When I get more questions in my head to ask I hope it will be fine to come back and ask more questions... Thank you in advance.

Tailor your GWs to your own situation. Have fun with it. There's no set formula. If the dozens and dozens sent, I had my first success this week with lates on DW's Aspire Card. Here's some of my GWs I use, the second one was the only confirmed success:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing today to ask for a goodwill adjustment in removing two late payments listed on my credit report from April 2002 and June 2002. While these are over six years old, my wife and I are applying for our first mortgage and could use all the help we can get.

Thanks in advance,

P.S.: Thank you for your consideration.

...........or..............

To Whom It May Concern:

Good day, I had been a xxxxxxx customer from the beginning 2005 to late 2006 and during that time I have had nothing but the best customer service and I have heard nothing but praise for your cards.  Unfortunately I am not writing to commend you on your great customer service but about late payments on my account.   

The account in question, account # xxxxxx, was opened in 2005.  During the time the account was opened, my family and I underwent some unforeseen financial difficulties through different job changes.  Although I tried my best to fulfill my obligation to xxxxxx, I was unable to maintain the monthly payments in a timely manner.  During this period, I was late over a period of 5 months. After 90 day period ending February 2006, I was able to recover and pay the account in full.

I believe that the late payments that are not a good indicator of our actual credit worthiness.  I am asking and hoping that due to my overall history with your organization and after this account was paid in full, that you would make a goodwill adjustment to your reporting of my accounts to the three credit bureaus, TransUnion, Experian and Equifax.  We hope that xxxxxx is willing to work with me on erasing these marks from my credit reports.   

I am looking to buy my first home later this year. Any help you can give would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

............or...............

Thank you, thank you, and thank you! I had 2 late payments listed on my TransUnion credit report from way back in 2002. I requested via a goodwill letter that we would like these lates removed from the credit bureau and you did it! Thank you.

We are applying for our first home loan this year and it sure was a relief to have those removed. Because these lates were old, my score didn’t improve any, but every little bit helps, especially during a manual review by a mortgage lender.

While they were completely removed from TransUnion, they are still on Experian and Equifax. I would again like to request, out of goodwill, that these be removed.

Thanks in advance,

Message 121 of 378
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Hi everyone, We are VERY new to this whole repairing credit life but I am trying to get on the ball and get our Fico's up again... Any help will be awesome and GREATLY appreciated. 1- Can anyone send me copies of GW letters that I can send out or point me in the right direction of getting and idea of what to type up. 2- What kind of accts do GW letters work on? IE- Charge off accts? or just late pmt accts? 3- How long does it usually take before you start seeing a change? When I get more questions in my head to ask I hope it will be fine to come back and ask more questions... Thank you in advance.

Just type in GW letters and a few will turn up GW everything and keep going even if they say no its worth a try! It can take a very long time but I have heard many stories where just one letter hit the right person and worked. I schedule myself time every tuesday to print out (sometimes edit a batch) then mail if you dont get a responce look them up on the web and see if you can mail to  a ceo or presi... keep going persistance is key!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 122 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sending out today...4 GW letters...for my HSBC CO...to the address (maestro_78)...sent to...and had some success...I'm also sending 2 GW letters...to American Thrift...for a old car loan CO...I recently paid...

...other then that...

I'm still battling with Central Financial Control...for 2 medical bills...one of the bills...were deleted off EX & EQ...dropped my score...average age went down to a year...just sent a dispute to TU...I think they will delete too...they failed to provide me with sufficient validation for the other account...not even one letter about it...but they include the bills together...as if they were on one date of service...BS...

...will try later...

I have to settle...and pay LVNV Funding...get them deleted...then go through the GW letters again...to get the OC...HSBC BB deleted...or the negatives removed...

...I give up on...

FIRST PREMIER BANK CO...they just won't budge...
Message 123 of 378
_andClimbing
Contributor

I just noticed today that Americredit deleted 1- 30 and 1-60 day late off of my EQ report, but left 1-30 late. They left all three lates on the other reports (as of today).

I'm hoping the other two are just slower to update. If not, it's still something!

Also, HSBC deleted all lates from my TU report, but not the others...yet.
5/11/08 FICOs: EQ - 551
8/6/08 FICOs: EQ - 659, EX - 663, TU - 683
Message 124 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

_andClimbing...which address...did you send your GW letter to...for HSBC???...
Message 125 of 378
_andClimbing
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
_andClimbing...which address...did you send your GW letter to...for HSBC???...

I sent to ALL of these (pulled from various threads/sources), so I'm not sure which one did the trick:

HSBC CARD SERVICES
Attn: Credit Reporting
PO BOX 17051
Baltimore, MD 21297-1051

HSBC CARD SERVICES
PO BOX 81622
SALINAS, CA 93912-1622

HSBC CARD SERVICES
PO BOX 60102
City of Industry, Ca 91716-0102

HSBC CARD SERVICES
Attn: Dispute Processing
12447 SW 69th Ave

Tigard, OR-972238517

HSBC
Correspondence Department
PO Box 5253
Carol Stream, IL 60197

HSBC
Correspondence Department
PO Box 80084
Salinas, CA 93912-0084

Hope this helps - good luck!
5/11/08 FICOs: EQ - 551
8/6/08 FICOs: EQ - 659, EX - 663, TU - 683
Message 126 of 378
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Hi All,

Well just thought I would throw my latest update out there...

I started out this group with a TON of collections reporting (Ex-5, EQ-6, TU- 6) and 8 different CA's.... I have all but 1 on on CR (though I have the OC saying it should be deleted, but they are having trouble contacting the OC) removed through GW, PFDs and other metods taught to me on this AMAZING board!

I also have had some lates removed and other accounts updated to corrected status, now I am just GWing away to try to get the last 4 "baddies" removed,

1 & 2. CO's from CrapOne
3. CO from HSBC
4. TONS of lates from Peoples Energy (12 to be exact)

I have successfully raised my score from the mid 400's (it takes work to get it THAT low!) to the mid to low 600's... with most of it being done since MArch...

I am not giving up til I get my scores in the 700's and I have an AMEX in my wallet...  :-) I will get the bad items off my report if it kills me!

Thanks again to everyone for your support... Hard work does pay off!
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 127 of 378
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Does the creditor we are usually asking for goodwill send you a letter saying that agree, or do they just do it and you happend to check your credit report and seen that it was gone?

Verizon wireless is a tough cookie who set to fall off next year sometime, they denied a GW letter for removal of a paid charge off, atleast i got a response this time after sending 3 letters! Not giving up though!

thanks,
Sbk

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 128 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes they send you a letter  - sometimes they just change it.
Message 129 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Success!!!! GAP removed 1 30 day late from '05 (didn't respond, just saw it fixed on CRA) Discover Card agreed to remove 2 30days, 2 60 days, 2 90 days, and 1 120 day! (haven't seen it on CRA yet, but they responded in writing that they would) FIA CSNA deleted 1 30, 2 60, 1 90, 2 120 lates (replied with nasty letter that they were obligated to report, but one of the other addresses must have had sympathy and the CRA erased them!! I haven't had any success with inquiries that didn't have our permission and NONE of my PFD have gotten a response Smiley Sad Those CA are killing me! THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!!
Message 130 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.