Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW this....support group!

Hi everyone!!  I love reading everyone's goals and successes with the GW letters.  I sent out 5 more yesterday.  That was round two.  My main concerns are Sears/Citi, and our local bank (installment loan)  Refi'd the loan in Dec., and no lates since then.  Anybody every have any lucks with their bank?  If I could get these lates removed, we would have no lates within the last two years and could apply for a MORTGAGE!  We have a paid tax lein from 2004, but I'm not too worried about that.  We have a couple of med. collections also and am working on those.  I know OC still has two of these because they sent me a settlement letter in response to my first GW letter for a discounted amount.  Sent them one back offering to pay them Full amount in return for PFD.  Bank should get their letters on Monday, so am anxious about that.   I also need a good address for Wells Fargo Auto Finance, anybody got one?  I heard nothing from my first letter to them.
Hope everybody has great thing waiting for them in their mailbox Monday morning!!!
Message 151 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

This address worked...when my DW sent this for her cousin...last month...

SEARS

P.O. Box 6189

Sioux Falls, SD57117

June 5, 2008

Regarding: Account # XXXXXXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing a letter regarding my experience with Sears that is a mixture of an appreciative “thank-you” and an urgent request concerning a Sears Credit Card tradeline in my credit files that I would like to have reworked. Currently I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a “goodwill” adjustment to your reporting to the three credit reporting agencies.

According to my credit report, I have 2 30 day lates from May 2003 and March 2006. These late payments were due to my financial hardships and I do apologize. I don’t say this to justify why the payments were late, but rather to show that this is not a good indicator of my credit worthiness.

I received the Sears Card in 2002 and during that time I enjoyed the experience; this was one of the first credit cards I have ever had. It is my sincere hope that Sears is willing to work with me on erasing both of these marks off my credit reports. All I can do is hope you will adjust the late payments which will help my credit score. Your customer service representative suggested that I write you for a “goodwill adjustment.”

Although I no longer maintain a Sears Card, I sincerely hope that there is redemption at Sears, and I beg for such consideration. Please let me know if you need any addition paperwork that will help in you decision of this matter. I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you on this matter.

Very Sincerely,

Message 152 of 378
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!  I sent one Friday, I'm going to sed another next week(just bought a new book of stamps)
Message 153 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

HEY EVERYBODY!! I've been reading fico forums for years, but this my 1st time actually posting anything. I've been handling mine and my husband's credit as best as I could, and now that we have most of his debts paid off (except for one), I need help trying to fix it!!! I will of course be typing up plenty GW's, but here's what my husband's report looks like, the key derogatory's at least, this doesnt include the 30-150 day late marks on other accts!!!:

Account Name: APPLIED BANK  Account Number: XXXXXXX  Acct Type: Credit Card - Revolving Terms  Acct Status: Closed  Monthly Payment:   Date Open: 8/1/2000  Balance: $576.00  Terms: Revolving  High Balance:   Limit: $800.00  Past Due: $576.00  Payment Status: Charge-off 

Account Name: ARROW FINANCIAL SERVIC  Account Number: XXXXXXX  Acct Type: Collection Department / Agency / Attorney  Acct Status: Closed  Monthly Payment:   Date Open: 9/1/2007  Balance: $2,534.00  Terms: 1 Month  High Balance:   Limit:   Past Due: $2,534.00  Payment Status: Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department  Comments:

Account Name: ASSET ACCEPTANCE LLC  Account Number: 3392XXXX  Acct Type: Unknown - Credit Extension, Review, Or Collection  Acct Status: Closed  Monthly Payment:   Date Open: 8/1/2007  Balance:   Terms: 1 Month  High Balance:   Limit:   Past Due:   Payment Status: Paid, was a collection account, insurance claim or government claim or was terminated for default  Comments:  

Account Name: CAP ONE  Account Number: 52911517XXXX  Acct Type: Credit Card - Revolving Terms  Acct Status: Closed  Monthly Payment:   Date Open: 8/1/2000  Balance:   Terms: Revolving  High Balance:   Limit: $700.00  Past Due:   Payment Status: Legally paid in full for less than the full balance  Comments: Election of remedy - reported by subscriber

Account Name: CITI AUTO  Account Number: 219172XXXX  Acct Type: Auto Loan  Acct Status: Closed  Monthly Payment:   Date Open: 1/1/2004  Balance:   Terms: 60 Months  High Balance:   Limit:   Past Due:   Payment Status: Legally paid in full for less than the full balance  Comments: Election of remedy - reported by subscriber

Account Name: GEMB/DILLARDS  Account Number: 604587021823XXXX  Acct Type: Revolving Charge Account  Acct Status: Closed  Monthly Payment:   Date Open: 1/1/1998  Balance:   Terms: Revolving  High Balance:   Limit: $0.00  Past Due:   Payment Status: Legally paid in full for less than the full balance  Comments: Election of remedy - reported by subscriber

Account Name: PROFESSIONAL DEBT  Account Number: 3156XXXX  Acct Type: Collection Department / Agency / Attorney  Acct Status: Closed  Monthly Payment:   Date Open: 5/1/2006  Balance: $344.00  Terms: 1 Month  High Balance:   Limit:   Past Due: $344.00  Payment Status: Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department  Comments: Account in dispute-reported by subscriber

Account Name: TNB - TARGET  Account Number: 50273XXXX  Acct Type: Revolving Charge Account  Acct Status: Closed  Monthly Payment:   Date Open: 11/1/1995  Balance: $594.00  Terms: Revolving  High Balance:   Limit: $0.00  Past Due: $594.00  Payment Status: Charge-off  Comments: Credit line closed-grantor request-reported by subscriber

Account Name: WASH MUTUAL/PROVIDIAN  Account Number: 260045XXXX  Acct Type: Credit Card - Revolving Terms  Acct Status: Closed  Monthly Payment:   Date Open: 7/1/2000  Balance:   Terms: Revolving  High Balance:   Limit: $1,850.00  Past Due:   Payment Status: Account transferred to another office  Comments: Transferred to another lender or claim purchased

HAS ANYONE DEALT WITH ANY OF THESE CA'S BEFORE? I KNOW TARGET, SEARS, AND DILLARDS WERE BOUGHT BY CA'S ALSO.....ALL HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Message 154 of 378
mx6bfast
Valued Member

I have been turned down twice from BOA for GW letters. Both stating there wasn't a bank error and they can't remove the baddies.

When I write back to them, should I refer to a previous response I've received from them? Maybe something along the lines of I know there wasn't a bank error but could you please consider....? I'm thinking about adding in a blurb about how I am committed to paying off all debts in the next 2 years.
Message 155 of 378
mx6bfast
Valued Member

Bump for advice on my question.
Message 156 of 378
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

mx6bfast wrote:
I have been turned down twice from BOA for GW letters. Both stating there wasn't a bank error and they can't remove the baddies.

When I write back to them, should I refer to a previous response I've received from them? Maybe something along the lines of I know there wasn't a bank error but could you please consider....? I'm thinking about adding in a blurb about how I am committed to paying off all debts in the next 2 years.

Just keep it simple. Don't point out that you sent letters to them in the past. Don't mention "bank error" as it would be a clue to their prev. replies.

Creditors don't always accept GWs. Of the nearly 100 GWs I have sent since last fall between 5-6 accts, I only had 1 confirmed success. I'll send hundreds more until fixed. Try sending several each month to each creditor (BofA). They have more than one address.

Message Edited by llecs on 07-30-2008 11:24 PM
Message 157 of 378
mx6bfast
Valued Member

Thanks for the info.

I'm currently using this address for BOA which I pulled from the statement. Is there another one that anyone had success with?

Bank of America
ATTN: Credit Department
PO Box 15026
Wilmington, DE 19850-5026
Message 158 of 378
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

mx6bfast wrote:

Chase does the same thing to me....  I kep DVing and hope I get lucky.  Shoot, HSBC wont even answer me Smiley Sad I feel like a stalker but so what

Message 159 of 378
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Wanted to dig this up and mention that I just finished up Round 5 (or 6...I lost count).

Between DW and myself, we sent this weekend 24 GWs, 9 PFDs, and 10 DVs between 5 baddies to different addresses/contact info.

llecs:

CapOne (2 lates from 2002) - Mailed 7 GWs and faxed 2 GWs.
Verizon Wireless (unpaid) - Mailed 9 PFDs.
Americredit (Joint w/ DW and 13 lates) - Faxed 1 GW, and mailed 5 GWs, three were to higher-ups.
AFNI (never validated - decided to revisit; OC sent balance that differs from CA's) - Mailed 2 DVs, Faxed 3 DVs, and e-mailed another 5 all to varying addresses and contact names, including to most of their officers.

DW:

CapOne (paid CO) - Faxed 2 GWs and mailed 7 GWs.
Americredit - same as above.
Medical CA - Decided to wait a couple days for further review. Need to change tactics.

And that is it. Confident at least one baddie will go away.

In July, I didn't send anything. Had this feeling I should wait it out. However, during that time, DW had three baddies removed....Applied Card Bank (due to CRTP), Aspire Card (due to GW), and Verizon landline (likely sold but removed after an unanswered PFD; did mail them a check after it disappeared but has been 3 weeks and check still outstanding).

So, not too bad of a result from last round. DWs scores increased an average of about 50 points, but some of that was natural aging of a new account.

Message 160 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.