Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
dilligaf_racing
New Contributor

Re: GW this....support group!

Ive also joined the goodwill support group. Got Denied by Honda and Chase so far. Just sent out 3 more, reworded them a little and trying to find other addresses instead of sending the same letter to the same address. I really think its going to take getting it into the hands of the right person in the right mood..
Fico's TU 613, EQ591, EX615
10-3-08
Message 171 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

My GW letter worked I got an item deleated off my cr!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 172 of 378
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Montini wrote:
My GW letter worked I got an item deleated off my cr!  Smiley Very Happy

Congrats! If you're open, who was it?
Message 173 of 378
hbmcracer
Valued Member

Denials from Citi (Mobil), CRAPitol One, MerrickBank, and American Honda.

Success from GEMB (Lowes), they even contacted me to let me by phone and mail.  I told the rep that when I'm done fixing my credit I WILL definitely be keeping my Lowes card.
7-24-08 EQ 537
8-20-08 EQ 568
5-13-09 EQ 606
10-18-10 TU 633
12-20-11 TU 671
Message 174 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

GeorgiaGal57 wrote:
My scores are in the low to mid 700's.  Last year they were in the mid 600's.  Since my divorce settlement this year, I have paid off all big CC debts. I only have two active cards that I use on special occasion and keep low balances.  I have about four more department store cards that I don't use at all.

In Sept. 2003, when my ex and I refinanced our house, the mortgage payoff to GMAC was late getting there by a few days.  Our credit reports from the past few years show only Sept. 2003 as late.  I understand this.  But now in 2008, I am seeing October 2003 as showing late also.  What should I do to dispute this?  (I do have printed copies of previous credit reports where October was never included as late).  Our new mortgage began in October 2003.  

Maybe a GW letter will help?

Maybe you should call Chase first and ask them. They will be able to explain why it would just now be showing up and whether or not it is a mistake - and you can ask them personally to remove it. If that doesn't work, then I would try a goodwill letter - but I haven't had any luck with Chase.

Message 175 of 378
mberry117
Regular Contributor

I

hoping2rebuild wrote:
I was reading at the beginning of this thread how many

GW letters etc...going out,  I think I need to be a member of this

Support group as I have been doing SO much mailing the

neighbors think I am having an affair with the mailman

ROTFL!  I love it!  I think my neighbors are beginning to suspect too!
Your Latest FICO® Scores
TransUnion 704 Date: 5/11/11
Equifax 666 Date: 5/11/11

Message 176 of 378
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Try using planet feedback when GWing.
Message 177 of 378
mberry117
Regular Contributor

fused wrote:

How does that work?  Never been there.
Your Latest FICO® Scores
TransUnion 704 Date: 5/11/11
Equifax 666 Date: 5/11/11

Message 178 of 378
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

fused wrote:

I browsed around before and it was a poor layout. It was hard to figure out what I was doing. However, today, I decided to take the plunge and used PFB to send out 2 GWs and one PFD.

It is nifty in that you search for the company you want to contact and begin writing, as in an e-mail. In fact, my Verizon Wireless CO listed an e-mail I didn't have. Then you send it and PFB will forward the e-mail to the creditor.

I have read several success stories by using it. I don't know why I waited so long.

BTW, they also have an optional service whereby they will mail the info to the creditor CMRRR. You type it and they print and mail (for a small price). That is cool.

Message Edited by llecs on 08-20-2008 06:01 PM
Message 179 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used it to send a GW request  to Equity Residential for DH.

Thanks for the tip - I had never been to that site before.   Fingers crossed.
Message 180 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.