New Contributor
dilligaf_racing

Re: GW this....support group!

Ive also joined the goodwill support group. Got Denied by Honda and Chase so far. Just sent out 3 more, reworded them a little and trying to find other addresses instead of sending the same letter to the same address. I really think its going to take getting it into the hands of the right person in the right mood..
Fico's TU 613, EQ591, EX615
10-3-08
Montini

My GW letter worked I got an item deleated off my cr!  :smileyvery-happy:

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Montini wrote:
My GW letter worked I got an item deleated off my cr!  :smileyvery-happy:

Congrats! If you're open, who was it?
Valued Member
hbmcracer

Denials from Citi (Mobil), CRAPitol One, MerrickBank, and American Honda.

Success from GEMB (Lowes), they even contacted me to let me by phone and mail.  I told the rep that when I'm done fixing my credit I WILL definitely be keeping my Lowes card.
7-24-08 EQ 537
8-20-08 EQ 568
5-13-09 EQ 606
10-18-10 TU 633
12-20-11 TU 671
Regular Contributor
tidbit1

GeorgiaGal57 wrote:
My scores are in the low to mid 700's.  Last year they were in the mid 600's.  Since my divorce settlement this year, I have paid off all big CC debts. I only have two active cards that I use on special occasion and keep low balances.  I have about four more department store cards that I don't use at all.

In Sept. 2003, when my ex and I refinanced our house, the mortgage payoff to GMAC was late getting there by a few days.  Our credit reports from the past few years show only Sept. 2003 as late.  I understand this.  But now in 2008, I am seeing October 2003 as showing late also.  What should I do to dispute this?  (I do have printed copies of previous credit reports where October was never included as late).  Our new mortgage began in October 2003.  

Maybe a GW letter will help?

Maybe you should call Chase first and ask them. They will be able to explain why it would just now be showing up and whether or not it is a mistake - and you can ask them personally to remove it. If that doesn't work, then I would try a goodwill letter - but I haven't had any luck with Chase.

Regular Contributor
mberry117

I

hoping2rebuild wrote:
I was reading at the beginning of this thread how many

GW letters etc...going out,  I think I need to be a member of this

Support group as I have been doing SO much mailing the

neighbors think I am having an affair with the mailman

ROTFL!  I love it!  I think my neighbors are beginning to suspect too!
Your Latest FICO® Scores
TransUnion 704 Date: 5/11/11
Equifax 666 Date: 5/11/11

Moderator Emeritus
fused

Try using planet feedback when GWing.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Regular Contributor
mberry117

fused wrote:

How does that work?  Never been there.
Your Latest FICO® Scores
TransUnion 704 Date: 5/11/11
Equifax 666 Date: 5/11/11

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

[ Edited ]

fused wrote:

I browsed around before and it was a poor layout. It was hard to figure out what I was doing. However, today, I decided to take the plunge and used PFB to send out 2 GWs and one PFD.

It is nifty in that you search for the company you want to contact and begin writing, as in an e-mail. In fact, my Verizon Wireless CO listed an e-mail I didn't have. Then you send it and PFB will forward the e-mail to the creditor.

I have read several success stories by using it. I don't know why I waited so long.

BTW, they also have an optional service whereby they will mail the info to the creditor CMRRR. You type it and they print and mail (for a small price). That is cool.

Message Edited by llecs on 08-20-2008 06:01 PM
Regular Contributor
tidbit1

I used it to send a GW request  to Equity Residential for DH.

Thanks for the tip - I had never been to that site before.   Fingers crossed.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}