Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW this....support group!

It was a medical bill collections from Trustmark Recovery Services.
Message 181 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a GW work! It was to Gap for a 30 day from 2006. I am still a customer of GAP and made my case in my GW letter about being a consistent payer since the one incident. I use truecredit monitoring and pull everyday. I noticed a couple of days ago that all 3 CRAs showed it as being disputed. It stayed that way until yesterday when the 30 day fell off of Ex and Eq and it now longer shows as being disputed. I figure TransUnion will update today or soon. I haven't recieved any letter or other confirmation. I sent the GW letter out on 7/26.

I just want to post my results and thank this forum as everyone is very helpful here.

Thx!
Message 182 of 378
dilligaf_racing
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Had a GW work! It was to Gap for a 30 day from 2006. I am still a customer of GAP and made my case in my GW letter about being a consistent payer since the one incident. I use truecredit monitoring and pull everyday. I noticed a couple of days ago that all 3 CRAs showed it as being disputed. It stayed that way until yesterday when the 30 day fell off of Ex and Eq and it now longer shows as being disputed. I figure TransUnion will update today or soon. I haven't recieved any letter or other confirmation. I sent the GW letter out on 7/26.

I just want to post my results and thank this forum as everyone is very helpful here.

Thx!

Its nice to hear these positive posts and success stories. It gives me the inspiration to keep trying with the GW's. So far all declines, but you never know.
Fico's TU 613, EQ591, EX615
10-3-08
Message 183 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Had no idea what a GW or PFD was before I came across this forum. I started with late payments on 6 accounts (RS-Sam Ash, Express, Goodyear, Verizon Wireless, Dept. of Ed, FNB Omaha). 1 Month later, I have only FNB Omaha and the Dept. of Ed left. Thanks for the help!! My scores have gone up over 50+ points on all 3 reports. If only I could get the Dept. Of Ed. to drop the lates (from Oct. 07), I think I would be close to realizing my goal of 700! Here's to hoping! Good luck to everyone, keep trying! It does work!

Update - FNB of Omaha deleted as well!! Now only Dept. of Ed. left. Anyone have any success/tips/ideas/suggestions for that one?!
Message 184 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

djalap wrote:

Update - FNB of Omaha deleted as well!! Now only Dept. of Ed. left. Anyone have any success/tips/ideas/suggestions for that one?!

Just keep trying!
Message 185 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys, Im new on here But I have been reading posts often... Capitol One and Target wil not delete my late payments.. I got discover and Victorias Secret to do so. has anyone had any luck with Capitol One removing late payments ?...
Message 186 of 378
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

llecs wrote:
Wanted to dig this up and mention that I just finished up Round 5 (or 6...I lost count).

Between DW and myself, we sent this weekend 24 GWs, 9 PFDs, and 10 DVs between 5 baddies to different addresses/contact info.

llecs:

CapOne (2 lates from 2002) - Mailed 7 GWs and faxed 2 GWs.
Verizon Wireless (unpaid) - Mailed 9 PFDs.
Americredit (Joint w/ DW and 13 lates) - Faxed 1 GW, and mailed 5 GWs, three were to higher-ups.
AFNI (never validated - decided to revisit; OC sent balance that differs from CA's) - Mailed 2 DVs, Faxed 3 DVs, and e-mailed another 5 all to varying addresses and contact names, including to most of their officers.

DW:

CapOne (paid CO) - Faxed 2 GWs and mailed 7 GWs.
Americredit - same as above.
Medical CA - Decided to wait a couple days for further review. Need to change tactics.

And that is it. Confident at least one baddie will go away.

In July, I didn't send anything. Had this feeling I should wait it out. However, during that time, DW had three baddies removed....Applied Card Bank (due to CRTP), Aspire Card (due to GW), and Verizon landline (likely sold but removed after an unanswered PFD; did mail them a check after it disappeared but has been 3 weeks and check still outstanding).

So, not too bad of a result from last round. DWs scores increased an average of about 50 points, but some of that was natural aging of a new account.

It has been less than two weeks in, but I wanted to give a status update....

llecs:
CapOne - unchanged
Verizon Wireless - accepted a PFD. Pd already. They confirmed that they will delete in 72 hrs.
Americredit - unchanged
AFNI - deleted

My scores have gone up about 30-60 points in past month and excludes VZW (to date).

DW:
No change at all Smiley Sad   But her scores did go up around 30-40 pts each in July.

Message 187 of 378
gadtnd

I'm very new to this website and I'm trying to learn from everyone's posts, but I'm lost on all of your abbreviations.  Can someone decipher for me?
GW?
PFD?
DV?
CR?
LOC?
CA?
TL?
etc......
thanks,
Message 188 of 378
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

gadtnd wrote:
I'm very new to this website and I'm trying to learn from everyone's posts, but I'm lost on all of your abbreviations.  Can someone decipher for me?
GW?
PFD?
DV?
CR?
LOC?
CA?
TL?
etc......
thanks,

Abbreviations:
Also check out credit scoring 101:

Message Edited by llecs on 08-22-2008 05:12 PM
Message Edited by llecs on 11-26-2008 04:02 PM
Message 189 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equity Residental is a pain in the hiney..   should I just give up?  I've sent about 10 letters since March and even used planetfeedback to send one the other day.

They won't budge. Nothing.   Smiley Mad
Message 190 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.