Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW this....support group!

Does anyone have a good name & email or snailmail address for EO at Portfolio Recovery for my GW letters. Anyone? Anyone? Fry? Fry? Thanks

Message 361 of 378
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

Now this is a support group I can join!!

Two weeks ago, I GW'ed :

BoA for a 60 day late

Comenity 30 day late

CBNA/Home Depot--serious delinquency/charge off

Midland paid collection

No response. Time to mail out another round, me thinks.  And start hunting down some email addresses.

Message 362 of 378
kjel
Established Contributor

I successfully GW'd South Carolina Student Loan Corp. I had 4 separate loans that were each reporting 2-30s, 2-60s, 2-90s, 2-120s....grand total of 32 lates. They were already all paid off so I figured the worst they would say was get lost. Instead I got a ScoreWatch update and a nice letter a few days later saying they were adjusted the payment history as a courtesy.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 363 of 378
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

@kmacqua wrote:

Now this is a support group I can join!!

Two weeks ago, I GW'ed :

BoA for a 60 day late

Comenity 30 day late

CBNA/Home Depot--serious delinquency/charge off

Midland paid collection

No response. Time to mail out another round, me thinks.  And start hunting down some email addresses.

So today Midland responded to my GW with a form letter with the usual "we're required to report acurately" line. But they also said they would "request that the three major credit bureaus list the status of this account as 'Disputed'."  I made it clear I wasn't disputing, just wanted the courtesy.  Hmm.  I'll keep GW'ing. But I can't figure out if the dispute tack is good for me or not favorable for me and I should request the dispute be removed. So far, the dispute notation hasn't appeared on my CRs yet.

Message 364 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been sending off requests to Guild Mortgage for a goodwill adjustment and getting no answers.  I called today and got an email address and sent off another request.

We had ONE 30 day late 29 months ago thru a brain lapse on our part.  In 40 years of credit stuff, we have NEVER had any other lates.  So that one late dropped us from 800+ to 700.  A 100 point drop.  Over the last two years it has come back up to the 720s.  So I don't understand what people are saying that a 30 day late only affects you for 2 years.  It has been well over 2 years and our credit score has barely moved up.  So how long will a 30 day late affect us?  Nothing else has changed over the 2+ years.  We have 20 some credit cards but only use one Visa routinely and that is paid off every month. 

I would think that we are a credit dream.  Have always had a credit score over 800 prior to this.  This current score of 720 is driving me nuts.  When will the 30 day late stop having an effect?

Message 365 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad I found this thread! I have sent GW letters to cc to get our lates removed and one charge off account. So far I have heard back from two cc saying they won't do it. One said they have to report accurately yada, yada. The other one responded with your account is currently up to date, thank you for the inquiry.

Do I take that as a no, and move on? Or do I keep sending the same letter to the same address over and over? I used the address on my credit report.

Advice? Thanks!

Message 366 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Does anyone have any Phone Email or Address for Synchrony / Amazon for Goodwill purpose?  I have tried all phone numbers I have access to and have had no success.

Thanks for any help!

Message 367 of 378
tld1104
Contributor

I'm still looking for Conn's CEO email address if anyone has it.   I've sent two Goodwill email's to Conn's Corporate office so far with no luck so I need to try the CEO and have had no luck finding his email yet and I've searched a lot.   Thanks!

Starting Score: 3/2014 - TU FICO 566, EQ FICO 569, EX FICO 563
Current Score: TU FICO 684, EQ FICO 662, EX FICO 664
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 368 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Margaret Keane is the Synchrony CEO. 

I don't have any good emails.  I have found three mailing addresses.  Stamford, CT, Hartford, CT and one in Utah.  These are all easily found via google.  Don't know which is the best but suspect Stamford.

Message 369 of 378
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Margaret Keane is the Synchrony CEO. 

I don't have any good emails.  I have found three mailing addresses.  Stamford, CT, Hartford, CT and one in Utah.  These are all easily found via google.  Don't know which is the best but suspect Stamford.

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=4423125

Message 370 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.