Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW this....support group!

@Anonymous wrote:
Had no idea what a GW or PFD was before I came across this forum. I started with late payments on 6 accounts (RS-Sam Ash, Express, Goodyear, Verizon Wireless, Dept. of Ed, FNB Omaha). 1 Month later, I have only FNB Omaha and the Dept. of Ed left. Thanks for the help!! My scores have gone up over 50+ points on all 3 reports. If only I could get the Dept. Of Ed. to drop the lates (from Oct. 07), I think I would be close to realizing my goal of 700! Here's to hoping! Good luck to everyone, keep trying! It does work!

Score went up 52 pts today!! (I have no idea how!)

Only late payment now is Dept. of Ed, but I have no late payments in a full year now. In the beginning of 2008, my scores were between 595-610. Now I am at close to 700, and 726 on one!!!

Thanks for all your help everyone here. I can finally realize my dream of owning a home (as soon as I find one). Keep at it, and great things can happen!

Message 201 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent out another GW to that stupid Equity Residential..   I don't think they are ever going to cave.     Smiley Mad
Message 202 of 378
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Im still fighting with:

Crap One- remove 2 lates

Walmart/GEMB- remove 2 lates

Chase-Lates that turned into CO but eventually paid off thru CACH

CACH-

HSBC/Orchard- Lates--> CO paid thru CA but CA not on CR

Shell/Citi-Paid-remove lates

Verizon- send PFD but never got a response.

Macys-said they would remove but havent yet

So i am going to try this "planet feedback" ..... 

Message 203 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Put me in the success column! In my fervor to clean up my credit, I somehow misplaced a Discover bill that went 30-days late this summer. Thanks to this forum, I immediately sent a GW and today I checked my Scorewatch alerts, and sure enough it's come off. Now I'm working on GW with BOA and Citibank for 60-day lates on closed accounts. They were opened only for a short time, so I'm asking forTL  deletions. I'm not giving up until I hear YES!!!

Message 204 of 378
toa700
Valued Member

How did the peoples energy good will go over?
Message 205 of 378
toa700
Valued Member

I love it!!!!!!!!!I hope they burst into tears and REMOVE IT.......
Message 206 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which address did you use for Discover?  I sent a letter on Monday and used the one on the back of my statement which was the office that does reporting to the credit bureaus. 

Message 207 of 378
LilWbcountry
New Visitor

Hi folks..Mama got me on here.  lol  Love the names.  I have tried the few GWs a week, even with companies that were supposedly notorious for cooperating to no avail.  I have the labels for the envelopes, etc.  I'm in.
Message 208 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi GWers.  I have had no luck with GW letters to HSBC Auto Finance. 3 letters so far to 3 different addresses no positive replies. All 3 have been replied to from the same address. The letters say that they received notification of possible credit bureau reporting discrepancy and for me to complete an enclosed form and provide supporting documentation. In that form it also states that they are unable to remove valid delinquencies based on courtesy requests. Dang!!! I sent 2 more letters today one adresses to the CEO. Doesnt hurt trying. Good luck to you all
Message 209 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

For Discover, I sent to a bunch of addresses, but the one that shows up as reporting the change was 12 Reads Way, New Castle DE, 19720-1649. I also used Planetfeedback on this one. BTW, they did send me a reply that said they wouldn't make any changes, but the changes were made nonetheless.  Good luck!
Message 210 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.