Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW this....support group!

kaz_75 wrote:
Yesterday, I emailed Macy's a GW letter asking them to delete a 30 day late that was from July 2008. I received a response from them this morning. Not only are they deleting it from my account,Smiley Very Happy but they are refunding the late fee!! I have only been reading this forum for about two weeks and am learning so much!! Thanks for the great advice.

Congrats!
Message 231 of 378
aroyal
New Contributor

im trying to GW target for 1 30 day late, capital one auto for (2) 30 day lates, and capital one CC for removal of a 90-120 day late, these all happened at the same time and killed my score

Starting Score: eq 383tu 417
Current Score: eq 577tu 609
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 232 of 378
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

I'm sending off a GW letter to Drive Financial and VZW today, both who are very stubborn and which i see dealing with for  many many months to come! Wish me luck!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 233 of 378
oneilldn
Contributor

I will also recomend that you guys use PFB (planet feed back . com) I had results twice sending a GW through them. I think the reason PFB get results is probably because they (the OC) dont want the world too see your letter...Smiley Very Happy
02/2009- EQ 502/TU 516/EX 499
11/2009- EQ 701/TU 709/EX 721(fako)
03/2011- EQ 719/TU 729/EX 733 (by lender)

'NEVER GIVE UP"
Message 234 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you use PFB do you make your letter public? If so, how does the company get your account and contact info. I mean, I wouldn't want that info public...

I've had a lot of success just hunting down the CEO email addresses and emailing them directly Smiley Happy

Now... I am having a problem with a Macy's PAID charge-off. 

Message 235 of 378
oneilldn
Contributor

I din't include personal info on the letter since PFB will do that for you (not even my name). Yes, they will post the letter to the public, but just the letter. As per the account info, both of the times the OC had contact me through my email (since PFB give it to them) asking me for the account number.

Now, I have sent 6 letter through PFB but I only got result in two, but hey, something is something right,.... I'll just keep sending them,,,,,Smiley Very Happy

'NEVER GIVE UP"
Message 236 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

So when PFB emails the letter out - the CEO or whomever gets it knows that it's a public letter on PFB? Any way you can block comments to your public letter. I'd rather not hear everyones opinion about my letter Smiley Wink
Message 237 of 378
oneilldn
Contributor

Oh...you got me there, but personally I really dont mind the world reading the letter since it won't show your name, neither your personal information. They will just see a simple sad letter,,,,,They may think that you are just a poor/desperate guy in seek of help......that's the point.......Smiley Very Happy

'NEVER GIVE UP"
Message 238 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

quick question with PFB. when you write a letter there is a box to check to include your personal info. does checking that box only give the company your info? they still will not post it on any letter made public correct? im such a newb. i have some lates that i would like to try and send a GW letter for on an old car loan that shows a few late payments...but i paid the loan off completely 3.5 years early, that should count for something Smiley Happy plus i know  i wasnt late as many times as they are reporting (they show some months listed twice as well).
Message 239 of 378
oneilldn
Contributor

Correct, only to the company you are sending the letter to., Also I will recomend to write an email to the CEO. You can probably find the email online. I wrote a GW email to the VP of ACS  students loans for some lates two weeks ago. Three days after some one from his office emailed me that they were looking into it. I just pull me reports today and guess what? three 30, three 60, one 90 and one 120, all gone.... Smiley Very Happy, the secret is NEVER GIVE UP....

'NEVER GIVE UP"
Message 240 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.