Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW this....support group!

cool. thanks, i feel better about checking that little box now.

one last question before using PFB...what "topic" do you generally chose for a gw? there are so many choices, billing? cust. serv.? other?

i am crossing my fingers that this works w/capital one. they told me when i called to get a lower apr that they couldnt at the time cause it was their policy that you have to have at leat 12 months of on time payments...that week i got 2 emails, one for each account, that my rate was lowered. not by much, but any change lower is in the right direction. as of this month i have 12 mo. no lates, and both accounts only show 1 time 30 day in 2005......so wish me luck!! i havent heard great things about them being friendly, but so far they were nice to me Smiley Happy 

Message 241 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oneilldn wrote:
Correct, only to the company you are sending the letter to., Also I will recomend to write an email to the CEO. You can probably find the email online. I wrote a GW email to the VP of ACS  students loans for some lates two weeks ago. Three days after some one from his office emailed me that they were looking into it. I just pull me reports today and guess what? three 30, three 60, one 90 and one 120, all gone.... Smiley Very Happy, the secret is NEVER GIVE UP....

Do you have that contact information? My husband has two 60 days late which I am trying to write a GW to get removed from his credit report.  I also sent emails (throught the websites once I was signed in to the accounts) to get 4 x 30 day lates (eek) removed from his Lacks account (only reported by TU), 1 x 30 day late from Capital One,  1 x 30 day late from Home Depot.  I have also submitted a removal request to TU for an account that had gone to collection for him back in 2004 - it is due to go off in September anyway but the company would not help me out with an early removal (even though it was medical).

The last ones I have to do are ACS and then the scary one - Bank of America.  With that he got 150 days delinquent and they closed the account.  We are still paying it down with them but I just don't know how open they are going to be to any goodwill measures even tho I have paid the minimum or more for a year now!  Anyone got any advice on that? This is my first time writing GW letters and I only did so after being inspired by what all of you wrote in this thread.

Thanks! 

Message 242 of 378
oneilldn
Contributor

Susy, i have sent you the contact info via PM.

As far as the other late payments, research the email address of their big guys and send them GW emails, dont waste your time with customer service. Go straight to the big guys (they got there for a reason). IMO, the trick about GW emails/letters is Not giving up and been patient, it only take the right person on the right day to help you....Smiley WinkGood luck....

02/2009- EQ 502/TU 516/EX 499
11/2009- EQ 701/TU 709/EX 721(fako)
03/2011- EQ 719/TU 729/EX 733 (by lender)

'NEVER GIVE UP"
Message 243 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

crossing my fingers. just sent out two gw's this morning. one to cap one (2 cards ea. have 1 30 day from 2005) and first premier. has anyone else dealt w/first premier? i have already seen stuff written about cap one.
Message 244 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a reply from Home Depot (CitiBank) saying that it was against Fair Reporting to change the facts on my credit history :/

I emailed the CEO and another member of the board from Citi Bank to see whether they could do anything but I am not hopeful at this stage.

I also emailed the ACS contact so will see how that goes! 

Message 245 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooo on a more successful note I had also put in a dispute to have a medical record (that had gone to a CA before pay off and my husband paid without doing a PFD) removed as we had never received any communication from them (they sent everything to an old address - one we had never given them!)

I just got this from TU (the only company that was reporting it)

We have completed verification of the investigation or changes that you requested regarding your TransUnion Personal Credit Report. Please review these results carefully. If your credit report was changed, an updated copy of your TransUnion Personal Credit Report is available by clicking the Details button.
If you are not satisfied with the resolution or the updated report, please print and complete a Request for Investigation form and return it by mail along with any supporting documentation. You may also add a consumer statement of 100 words or less to your credit report. If you provide a consumer statement that contains medical information related to service providers or medical procedures, then you expressly consent to TransUnion including this information in every credit report we issue about you.

DIVERSIFIED CREDIT SYST    ACNOXXXXXXX    DELETED 

YAY! 

Message 246 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, has anyone had any experience with getting GW with SST/Columbus Bank and Trust and Palisades Collections for removing lates?  It's weird, my Palisades collection account that I stupidly paid before reading more, is showing $0 balance due, under current status (120 days past due).  I had never agreed to any installment with them so I don't know how they could say I missed a payment....weird.  I'm a little shy about doing anything on that one because the Updated Date shows 12/2005 and I actually just paid it off on 12/2008.  SOL for California is 4 yrs. so I'm thinking I'll wait on that one.  What about SST/Columbus though?  I'd love to get my 90 day late off there.
Message 247 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

advice.

would you gw for some lates on one acct from 7/02, 9/02, 10/02 & 11/02 or would you just sit it out and wait for it to fall off at the end of the year? i need to get my reports cleaned up in the next 6 months but fear i may be too impatient for things to just "fall off". wwyd?

the acct was PIF 12/02.

Message 248 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can't hurt!  Unless....it's from a CA or judgement etc.  GW, if not worded properly can reset the SOL.  Check out some of the other forums on here for GW examples.  I'm not super knoledgeable on this situation, but there are plenty of folks on here who are and can be a big help.  If it's from an OC, then i say GW away!  You may have to send one every two weeks before you get someone who is willing to help you happens upon your letter.  Either way, check around here on the forums for some more advice and some GW example letters.

Message 249 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

scorechaser wrote:

advice.

would you gw for some lates on one acct from 7/02, 9/02, 10/02 & 11/02 or would you just sit it out and wait for it to fall off at the end of the year? i need to get my reports cleaned up in the next 6 months but fear i may be too impatient for things to just "fall off". wwyd?

the acct was PIF 12/02.

My advice would be before you GW.....check the last reported/updated date.

If it has been awhile since this was reported/updated, you don't want to do anything that would cause it to do so.

Let's say they haven't updated since you PIF in 2002 and you send GW and they decide to update. Chances are it will decrease your score.

My guess is the history is outweighing those lates at this point.

ETA: Negative accounts remain for 7 years. Closed, positive accounts remain for 10 years from date closed. It is possible that once those lates fall off, the account will remain another 3 years as a positive account with no lates. GW'ing may cause the entire account to be removed now.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 03-29-2009 11:08 PM
Message 250 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.