Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GO this...Support group!

Hello Everyone.  I have read a lot of interesting stories and advice in this forum.  I see that no one has posted in this forum in about a month.  So hopefully it will still be read.   I am going to start sending out letters.  Years ago I never cared about my credit had credit cards really young and didn't realize the importantance  that it had on me.  Then as I got older then it hit me.  I have had a lot of that stuff all fall off after the seven years.  Then I decided to try and rebuild my credit.  I had applied for all these new credit cards.  I had gotten a total of 5 of them.  Everything was going good payments were all made on time and I though I can finally make a change.  I'm not that lucky.  In Feb. of 07 I had broken my right ankle.  I could not drive to work and wouldn't of really been able to work with  crutches.  At first my boss was nice about and had offered to let me do some things from home.  Then I had decided to apply for disability.  After I had filed then I got a phone call from my boss saying that I could not file. I  could she just did not want to pay for it. She then had told disability that she denied my claim.  I kept fighting with disability and then my boss had a date for an appeal and never showed up so they had put it in my favor. I had finally gotten disability.  Like I had said before I broke my ankle in Feb. and didn't not receive one penny until the very end of June. Some one like me that's a long time with no pay.  I had some money saved but not enough to last that long and all the medical bills. I had no insurance.  Everytime I went for a check up I had to make a payment.  So now that I told you my story I will get back to my credit.  During that time I was able to make payments on everything till May 07.  The money ran out.  I had borrowed money from people to make payments and pay the doctors so when I finally got my check it was like it was all gone. I also lost my job over all of this.  I know that I should have called all of my creditors but I was so stressed and fighting with disability about trying to get money that it was not on my mind to call them.  Well now everything is good and I am back on track and ready to fight to get my credit report clean and to improve my scores.  I just can't get over how bad more scores are.    All of the credit cards I had opened are now all in collection agency's.  I have paid some of them off and did some settlements which I did not realize that is was a bad move. So hope fully I can write letters and maybe some good will come out of it.  Sorry for all the info just wanted to give  you the full story.  I will update when I send out my letters.

Message 301 of 378
manuel3655
New Contributor

Re: GW this....support group!

keep it up guys 

any luck with americredit if any will like to know thankyou

Message 302 of 378
ArmyStrong
Frequent Contributor

Re: GO this...Support group!

Welcome! And thanks for bringing this back up! I will start my first GW salvo this week! This is awesome stuff!

(now I gotta go back and read about a years worth of posts)Smiley Happy

TU: 556 12/12/08 ~ EQ: 509 12/12/08 ~ EX: 509 12/12/08
TU: 588 8/7/09 ~ EQ: 529 7/30/09 ~ EX - ?? (509 12/12/08)
TU: 619 9/01/09 ~ EQ: 608 9/01/09 ~ EX - ?? (640 FAKO 9/01/09)
TU: 626 9/30/09 ~ EQ: 624 9/30/09 ~ EX - ?? (640 FAKO 9/01/09)
TU: 659 10/7/09 LO PULL EQ: 624 10/7/09 LO PULL EX: 659 10/7/09 LO PULL
Message 303 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is an update.  Had a medical collection and had faxed a PFD letter to collection agency.  They have responded back and said that they will delete the collection from report. I am glad to hear that. IT was for $1189.  That will be a nice removal.

Message 304 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

@time4change: Did you offer to PIF or did you negotiate for a percentage of what was owed?
Message Edited by msloryn on 08-06-2009 10:00 AM
Message 305 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a pay in full.

Message 306 of 378
ArmyStrong
Frequent Contributor

Well, first salvo fell short. I tried the 866-869-4671 number and it was for MC only. I then tried the CS # on the back of my card (Sam's Club Discover) w/no luck. The rep told me there was no way of reversing, once it is reported to the CB's. I wanted to say of course there is, but thought it would be in my best interest to be nice. She did SEEM to be helpful, as she put me on hold several times as I kept asking was there ANYTHING that could be done. She finally just gave me the address I could write to, w/o a contact name. Sooooo, I guess I'll go to PlanetFeedBack from here and get some names and addresses!
TU: 556 12/12/08 ~ EQ: 509 12/12/08 ~ EX: 509 12/12/08
TU: 588 8/7/09 ~ EQ: 529 7/30/09 ~ EX - ?? (509 12/12/08)
TU: 619 9/01/09 ~ EQ: 608 9/01/09 ~ EX - ?? (640 FAKO 9/01/09)
TU: 626 9/30/09 ~ EQ: 624 9/30/09 ~ EX - ?? (640 FAKO 9/01/09)
TU: 659 10/7/09 LO PULL EQ: 624 10/7/09 LO PULL EX: 659 10/7/09 LO PULL
Message 307 of 378
wvasweetness
Contributor

Well, I'm joining the club!  First round of GW letters are typed and ready to print.  Smiley Happy

How's everyone doing with GWs?  Any luck?  Are you all sending letters every 2 weeks?

Message 308 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 successfull GW this month.   3 from CMI and 1 from Asset Acceptance.  I emailed both CA's around 2 months ago and got the generic mailings stating "they can not legally remove accurate information".  I sent another round of emails and to my surprise both CA's deleted the accounts from the CRA's.
Message 309 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Count me in!

Get 'er Done...  has my vote. Smiley Wink

CB

Message 310 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.