Contributor

Re: GW this....support group!

Wow - that's sweet Busta!!
Message 311 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any luck with americredit if any will like to know thankyou

This was the last GW letter I sent to AmeriCredit. They have agreed to remove the negatives I asked for.

XXXXXX XXXXXXX, Executive Vice President

AmeriCredit Corporation

801 Cherry Street, Suite 3900

Fort Worth TX 76102

Re: Account # XXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Mr.. XXXXXX,

Thank you for taking a moment to read this.

I am writing to ask you and AmeriCredit for a good will adjustment on my account. My auto loan was paid in full in November of 2007. I had, during the earlier days of the loan, a few 30-day late payments. They were my fault, the result of poor financial planning and foresight. I have, over the past several years, put my shoulder to the stone and worked very hard to pay all my debts on time. This was also the case with my account with your company. I was very proud of my progress toward becoming a credit worthy individual again. I was very much looking forward to my last payment.

My heart sank when I got my final payment and it was nearly 5 times the normal payment. I called the customer service people and they explained how the late payments earlier in my payment history resulted in additional interest owed. The result was reflected in my final payment. I explained that the amount I was paying each month was all I could afford and asked if I might continue paying that amount each month until my debt was settled. It was agreed that that was acceptable and I paid the remaining balance over the next few months. As I paid off the remaining debt I accrued 30, 60, 90 and 120 day late reports on my trade line with AmeriCredit. I understand all of this is, technically, correct. Again, I am not disputing any of this.

Mr.. XXXXXX, I am humbly asking for your help. Would you be willing to look at my account and offer me the courtesy of removing the late pay reports, due to the pay off arrangement, from my trade line? I know it is a lot to ask and it probably falls outside your normal business practices. I wouldn't ask if I weren't desperate. Without your assistance, all the hard work I have out into rebuilding my credit is negated by one payment reporting 120 days late. I am still, to this day, working diligently to be a credit worthy individual. My credit reports from the last several years are a testament to my efforts. Any accommodation or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Very respectfully,

CharlieBrown

Keep it real, keep it humble and most of all KEEP TRYING!

Thanks again to all of you for your guidance and hope.

CB

Message 312 of 378
silentdance
Valued Member

BUMP!

...Bringing it back...

Starting Score: TU 552 EQ 565
Current Score: TU 665 EQ 674
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

As a new (single) mom, my goal is to buy a great house by 2012. I'm busting tail to better my credit one day at a time, thanks to the help of this forum.

Message 313 of 378
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Epic bump. Totally forgot about this thread!

Message 314 of 378
silentdance
Valued Member

Haha, yeah I need all the support I can get. I just sent a PFD/GW email to a contact at Portfolio Recovery Associates. Hopefully he will be kind.

As a new (single) mom, my goal is to buy a great house by 2012. I'm busting tail to better my credit one day at a time, thanks to the help of this forum.

Message 315 of 378
silentdance
Valued Member

WOW, I already heard back from the PRA contact. He said:

Your email has been received and noted. In the spirit of good will,  I am closing  this account and requesting that it be removed from your credit file. A copy of this request will be forwarded to you for your records.

YEA YEA YEA!! Chalk one up to good will. Three years of trying finally pays off thanks to the help of the people on this site & the kindness of an employee I'll never meet. Awesome.

Message 316 of 378
NumberCrazy
Established Member

@silentdance wrote:

WOW, I already heard back from the PRA contact. He said:

Your email has been received and noted. In the spirit of good will,  I am closing  this account and requesting that it be removed from your credit file. A copy of this request will be forwarded to you for your records.

YEA YEA YEA!! Chalk one up to good will. Three years of trying finally pays off thanks to the help of the people on this site & the kindness of an employee I'll never meet. Awesome.

Great to hear and yes waaaay fast response.  I will have to send a few GW letters here in the near future since my credit report is looking a lot better too.

Message 317 of 378
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

GW'd Wells Fargo/Wachovia,

asking for consideration to remove late's on a Checking Account Collection only, and within one week I received a letter saying they'd not only remove the late's but also the entire collection and 'poof' it was gone within a couple of days after I received the letter.

They were so nice and easy to work with it almost made me think something was up loll.

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 318 of 378
NumberCrazy
Established Member

Yes I always worry there is calm before a storm.  One that I corrected now has a double posting so doubling my balance.  All I asked was for an update for my account instead they updated it AND double posted the account.  I am still trying to get them to correct a simple matter. Oh well it will get fixed one day.

Message 319 of 378
pipergirl71
New Contributor

What a wonderful thread!  I hope we're able to keep it at the top and up to date.  Hopefully this will get me motivated.  Smiley Very Happy

EQ 702
Message 320 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.