silentdance
Valued Member

Re: GW this....support group!

Good job, Hindsight!

Starting Score: TU 552 EQ 565
Current Score: TU 665 EQ 674
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

As a new (single) mom, my goal is to buy a great house by 2012. I'm busting tail to better my credit one day at a time, thanks to the help of this forum.

Message 321 of 378
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

@silentdance wrote:

Good job, Hindsight!

Thanks! I just received another letter in the mail Monday from a CA which I've contacted before but got turned down so I tried again and they agreed, apologized and said they'd request deletions from the CRA's.  Checked my CR's today and *poof* it's gone!!!! wow (4) CA's in one week!  Just one more to go and it's proven to be the toughest yet, but they are unethical beyond belief so it'll take some smart and precise work, but I'm in!

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 322 of 378
FicoTron
Established Contributor

I am attempting a GW letter to Chrysler Financial for two seperate 30-day lates over the course of a lease.  I'm sending the same letter to two different addresses, so we'll see what happens.  Fingers crossed but I have only read about one person getting a GW removal from Chrysler Financial.  Has anyone had any experience with them?  I'll keep this thread posted...

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 323 of 378
oneilldn
Contributor

Wow, this thread is back.... just so you all know, I cleaned my whole credit reports based in this thread, lots of gw... from tons of late payments, to collections. I did changed something, I sent emails instead of letters.

Here is my best advise based on my experience.

I believe more in emails as they don't pass thru many hands before the person you are sending it to. Always go for the top guy (owner, ceo, or vp), with the internet you can find this information, also check the online business registry of your state to find info about the owners/ceo/representatives.... then google for email adress. The mayor key is to be honest (these people are smart) and not to give up.

I cleaned bad history of credit cards, student loans, cell phones, collections... etc... I thank god for this second chance and I been doing really good since then. My report is perfect now... Smiley Happy

02/2009- EQ 502/TU 516/EX 499
11/2009- EQ 701/TU 709/EX 721(fako)
03/2011- EQ 719/TU 729/EX 733 (by lender)

'NEVER GIVE UP"
Message 324 of 378
boogiesaveslives
Regular Contributor

Wow!  This seems like a great group to join!

I just sent out round 2 of my GWs and the waiting can drive you crazy!  

First round was pretty successful, had 3 baddies removed and a 12 point EQ point increase!  

Now I'm waiting on:

Direct Loans

ACS

Credit Management (Time Warner)

Educational Credit Management

Victoria's Secret

BofA - this one is a PFD

Good luck everyone!

Starting: TU 616 (VS) EQ 598 (FICO) EX 619 (FAKO)
Current: TU 660(FICO) EQ 702 (FICO) EX 716 (FICO)
Message 325 of 378
takethat
Valued Member

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on this particular thread.... I find it inspirational!

Today I sent another batch of GW letters:

HSBC Best Buy (2nd attempt) used different address - 4 lates in 2008 and one in 2007 (closed, paid)

Discover (2nd attempt) - 7 lates up to 120 days (closed, paid)

Bank of America - 9 lates back in 2007 (closed acct, still paying off monthly)

Citibank - 3 lates in 2007

First Premier - one late in 2007

I am hoping for the best!!!

Starting Score: EQ 618
Current Score: EQ 653, TU 674, EX 633
Goal Score: 720

Message 326 of 378
JGWantsAHouse
Regular Contributor

I'm about to send off my second round of GWs.  I'm trying Chase Student Loans, Sallie Mae, Campus Partners, and Carter Young.  By the way one of them is a CA that I settlled for half the balance.  I hope they don't try to come after me for the rest.

Also if anyone has an email contact for any of these creditors PLEASE PLEASE pm me.

Closed on my first home April 2012

Starting Score: 559 11/2010
Current Score: 600 Equifax, 681 Transunion, 663 Experian(Lender)
Goal Score: 660+

Message 327 of 378
CS800
Super Contributor

DCU GW

Any one had any luck with DCU?

I have two accounts paid off, one last year and one last month. Those account do have some lates. Although paid in full, they still show up negative. So I was wondering if I try to GW those accounts, they will go positive.

Looking for a success story with DCU and email if possible.

Message 328 of 378
CS800
Super Contributor

I like the name Goodwill Hunting.

Sometimes I feel like Matt Damon (in the movie Goodwill Hunting) in his basement running out of space writing GW and Notes from my credit report that I have to write on my arms and hands and markers on windows etc Robot tongue

Message 329 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! I'm brand new to this website and am still trying to figure out where to begin!   I am trying to send our goodwill adjustment letters to some previously delinquent credit cards that are either paid off or almost paid off but have lates on them.  Do you find it best to email or regular mail?  If email, if someone could private message me with the email addresses for the following creditors, I would be so appreciative:

HSBC Bank

Merrick Bank

First Premier

Arrow Financial

Barclays Bank

Finally,  my husband has student loans with Nelnet that timed out of forbearance.  We applied for a payment reduction (which was accepted but took a few months to get approved)  Unfortunately they reported us 90 and 120 days late while we were working on the paperwork.  Has anyone had success with goodwill letters to Nelnet?

Thanks to all for your help!  We are trying to close on a house in a month and were fine until the Nelnet thing happened and dropped my husbands credit score.

Message 330 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.