Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW this....support group!

Thanks for the tip.  I'll look into it.

Message 221 of 378
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

So I got my first response on one of my letters.  They state the past due reporting is not in their error so it can't be removed.
Message 222 of 378
NavyLifter
Valued Member

Great news folks!  I received a positive letter back from Bank of America stating that they will report an updated version of my account to remove the 1 30-day late payment I had back in 2004!  I also received a letter from Citi asking for my social security number and the account number for a Citi card that I had late payments with!

The address for the Bank of America reply was:

PO Box 15128

Wilmington, DE  19850-5128

Keep up the faith!

FICOs (4/7/09): TU-749 (WOW!); EQ-698; EX-?

FICOs (as of 11/1/08): TU-690, EQ-678, EX-646

FICOs (3/13/09): TU-698; EQ-696; EX-662
Message 223 of 378
oneilldn
Contributor

Is this group dead??? Come on people......Smiley Very Happy keep it up....
02/2009- EQ 502/TU 516/EX 499
11/2009- EQ 701/TU 709/EX 721(fako)
03/2011- EQ 719/TU 729/EX 733 (by lender)

'NEVER GIVE UP"
Message 224 of 378
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OK, I'll update:

llecs wrote:

llecs:
CapOne - unchanged
Verizon Wireless - accepted a PFD. Pd already. They confirmed that they will delete in 72 hrs.
Americredit - unchanged
AFNI - deleted
My scores have gone up about 30-60 points in past month and excludes VZW (to date).
DW:
No change at all Smiley Sad   But her scores did go up around 30-40 pts each in July.

llecs:

CapOne - They have WON the war!!! I give up, but for a reason. The lates (30 and 90, which are two months apart) were/are at 7 yrs old. This is one of my oldest TLs so I decided last fall not to GW them anymore out of fear they would delete. However, on January 1, my 30 day late was remeoved 3 months early off of EQ. I pulled my EX report in February and noticed that it came off 2 months early. On February 28, I pulled EQ FICO and saw that the 90 was still reporting. Since the 90 is two months after the thirty, I was hoping that would be removed too. Sure enough. On March 1, my 90 fell off 3 months early as well. I pulled EQ FICO again and the score dropped 17 points due to being rebucketed (last late). I anticipate the 90 to come off EX on April 1. They weren't reporting on TU.

Verizon Wireless - off in August.

Americredit - sent 3 GWs to remove lates and repo reference in December. No luck. Sent 4 in February. Diud receive a letter saying to call and that CSR said "No". I'll never give up on them.

AFNI - deleted as mentioned.

DW:

Still fighting a pd CapOne CO and a med CA. Took no action on these since summer. Nothing else is reporting I don't think.

Message 225 of 378
oneilldn
Contributor

Good for you, good luck. I been trying to remove 6 late payments from my ASC student loan, sent like ten letters and no luck. Today I got hold of the email of one of their vice P, for my surprise she emailed back and said she'll do everything possible to help me...Smiley Happy so we'll see. I can't wait////

'NEVER GIVE UP"
Message 226 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought Verizon Wireless was tought to get a PFD with. I sent them a PFD too, keeping my fingers crossed for some good news cause I sure could use it.

Message 227 of 378
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

javajunkie wrote:

I thought Verizon Wireless was tought to get a PFD with. I sent them a PFD too, keeping my fingers crossed for some good news cause I sure could use it.

Good luck! Persistence wins with VZW. It took me dozens and dozens and dozens of PFDs (sent up to 12-15 per month) to get them to reverse course and accept a PFD. My last PFD went out via planetfeedback and an assistant to an exec called back and said yes to the PFD, but he also said that they accepted the PFD 2 months prior and that they have been trying to reach me (ahhh. No.).
Message 228 of 378
oneilldn
Contributor

BUMP>>>BUMP>>>BUMP>>>Smiley Very Happy I'm determined to keep this group alive... so everyone using GW's keep posting your news/results here........

As for me, I just got a call from an executive in VZW about a GW I sent through PFB. I have a paid collection on my CR and I beguin them to remove it....Smiley Happy. so she just call and told me that she was going to do everything she can and will get back to me..... Working working..LOL

'NEVER GIVE UP"
Message 229 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday, I emailed Macy's a GW letter asking them to delete a 30 day late that was from July 2008. I received a response from them this morning. Not only are they deleting it from my account,Smiley Very Happy but they are refunding the late fee!! I have only been reading this forum for about two weeks and am learning so much!! Thanks for the great advice.
Message 230 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.