Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
_andClimbing
Contributor

Re: GW this....support group!

Congrats everyone who is having success. It feels good, doesn't it?

I have to say, I've been sharing my progress with friends and they have been amazed at how a kind, pleading letter can actually make a difference. I've told everyone I know (and some that I don't know) to come to this site and READ.

For anyone wondering whether it's worth it to send a GW request - IT IS!
5/11/08 FICOs: EQ - 551
8/6/08 FICOs: EQ - 659, EX - 663, TU - 683
Message 131 of 378
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Ceejay1978 wrote:

Ceejay1978 wrote:
I GW'd the following on 5/22 and 5/23

CapOne- Nasty looking lates i need removed
Chase (OC) - was sent to a CA. Paid/settle with CA.  nasty looking lates and CO removed
Childrens Place/Citi- 2 lates removed
Walmart/GE Money- account pd off- 2 lates removed
HSBC/orchard (OC)- was sent to a CA and paid/settled with CA... nasty looking lates removed
Macys- 2 late removed
Shell/Citi- Paid and settled- nasty lates and Co removed

PFD'd

CA for $88 willing to PIF

Okay...
New updates as of 6/27 in RED

CapOne- GW resp... everything on your report is right.  No we aint changin jack
Chase (OC) - Issue now with CACH AND we aint changing jack on our end!
Childrens Place/Citi- We'll gladly take off all the negative info :CHEESE:
Walmart/GE Money- No response (I thinkthey may have taken the stuff off tho. SW reports changes to the TL but move move in the score)
HSBC/orchard (OC)- No Response
Macys- We will gladly take off all the negative info :CHEESE:
Shell/Citi- GW resp... everything on your report is right.  No we aint changin jack. ( And we are reporting you as disputing!)

PFD'd

CA for $88 willing to PIF - Emailed the KRAPP people and they will remove once payment received by 6/30!!!!  Sending payment today!!!
Next round of GWs will go out 7/7!!

See above updates
Message 132 of 378
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Great Progress CeeJay! Congrats... I hate those we ain't changing jack letters from cap one... they suck!
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 133 of 378
miay2k4
Contributor

Sent out my very first GW today....wish me luck!
07/2009 TU: 610 EQ: 566 EX:??
12/2009 TU: 626 EQ: 588 EX:??
05/2011 TU: 638 EQ: 622 EX:??
"Don't get caught up chopping wood to the point you forget to sharpen your axe"
Message 134 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW success with Capital One.

I have 3 or 4 Delinquent or charge off accounts.

1 cap one. I paid in a settlement

2 citi. One I am in a payment plan with and will pay off the balance of 966 on the 30th. The other one I settled not to long ago.

1 with GE Money bank.

I sent GW letters to Cap1...no response yet.

The account that I settled for they sent me a letter saying that everything is correct. We are reporting this account as in dispute.

The second account they said they would remove all delinquencies. I am thinking about challenging the first account with this GW account. The account numbers are pretty similar. My scores are in the 620-630 range Im trying to get another credit card. I can use to charge everything on and leave my cash in the market for the 30 day grace period. My expenses are very minimal now. I want to buy a car soon. I want my scores to reach 700 or high 600s before I go in for financing. Im paid pretty well my only other major debt is my school loan debt.
Message 135 of 378
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

llecs wrote:
Whew! Finished Round 4 today. Everything is out. I'm done for the while. There isn't anything else I can do (other than complain). Started this round on 6/9 and finished today.

llecs:
  • CapOne (2 lates in '02) - Sent 8 GWs, 6 by mail and 2 faxes
  • Verizon Wireless - Sent 8 PFDs via mail, called 1x, and sent first DV to non-reporting CA
  • Americredit (multiple lates) - 5 GWs, 1 of which was to their Pres., and one by fax. Also called and they said "no way".
  • AFNI - Sent 7 PFDs (5 by e-mail, 1 fax, and 1 mailed). Got one response in past week for an e-mail saying they would only update.
  • NEW** Credit Collection Services - CA going after $30. They sent a dunning letter and responded with a DV this week. They sent me a dunning letter for the first time 10 months ago and I sent them a DV then with no response.

DW:

• CapOne CO (listed as pd but we didn't pay) - Sent 8 PFDs, 6 mail and 2 fax.
  • Verizon CO (land-line) - Sent 2 PFDs
  • American Collection Enterprise - 3 PFDs, one of which was to the medical OC.
  • Aspire Card (5 lates) - Sent 4 GWs, one was to their Pres.
  • Americredit - see above
  • NEW** Unique National Collections - CA going after library fine. DW paid the library and I fired off a DV to them. They aren't reporting.

Grand Tally for Round 4 (6/9 to 6/19):

GWs - 17, PFDs - 28, DVs - 3, Calls - 2, Postage - $34.86...........Removal of just 1: PRICELESS

UPDATE:

It has been 3 weeks since Round 4. Not too much to report, but some success.

llecs:
CCS - Turkies continued to collect after my DV to their dunning letter was received. Wrote and sent a strongly worded letter telling them to take a long walk off a short pier. I think they received that 2nd letter today. They have never reported.

Verizon Wireless - responded to one PFD saying "NO". Had also called the casa on Wednesday, but haven't had a chance to call them back. Will call on Monday. Typical response though to the PFDs - 2-3 letters and one phone call.

AFNI - responded to PFD with a DV response. Go figure.

Americredit and CapOne never responded.

DW:
Unique CA - sent response saying that the matter is closed in their office. They never reported.

CapOne CO - responded today with a letter to call. Offices were closed. Will call Monday.
ACE - sent a printout like the others with a typed message summarizing what the printout already stated. Maybe they misread the PFD as a dispute.

Aspire - GGGGGOOOOONNNNEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deleted the entire account which was fine by us. Score went up around 12 or 20 points. Confused without my notes. This was our first verifiable GW success!!!!!!!!!!!

Applied Card Bank - Didn't do anything to them, but this unpaid (but settled) CO was removed due to CRTP on EX and EQ. Scores went up 12 or 20. Again, no notes.

Verizon and Americredit never responded.

Message Edited by llecs on 07-05-2008 08:04 PM
Message 136 of 378
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your round 4 successes, llecs. Every little bit helps. 

Good luck with round 5.
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Message 137 of 378
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Phoenix-rising wrote:
Congrats on your round 4 successes, llecs. Every little bit helps. 

Good luck with round 5.

Thanks. Round 5 begins Wednesday (7/9).
Message 138 of 378
lukeskywalker7
Established Member

Hi,

Wow, this is all amazing.  I want to join your club.  I want to send out a goodwill letter but I need your help with a template or link to a really good one.  It is to a CA that a Meijer food store contacted for a $54.00 check that I went in and paid in full along with their fees in 2004.  It shows as a charge off on my credit reports. 

your help will be very much appreciated.

thanks
"It only takes a second to do something that you may regret for the rest of your life"

All the Best,
Luke
Message 139 of 378
mx6bfast
Valued Member

I sent 3 GW letter out, 2 to Bank of America (one my account, other wife) and one to Chase.

Chase (2 30 day) and 1 BOA (3 30 day) were late when those cc's were accepted into a DMP mid 2006, otherwise they were always on time for ~ 4 years before then. Haven't heard from Chase yet but BOA said they couldn't take them off. I will be sending them another letter.

However my wife's BOA card (1 30 day)had the late fee removed.

What is the average # of points my score should increase each removal?
Message 140 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.