Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

Re: GW this....support group!

Thanks tidbit,

Sounds like I don't have much case to be upset about my GWs not working hehe. Mine are all significantly more $ and more current. Guess I'll just have to deal with them for a while and see if they'll have a heart once they are a few years old.

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672, 681, 692
Goal Score: 700, 700, 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 71 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been GW'ing some for my husband too. He has one that is from Aug 07 for over 600. It was reporting on EX and EQ..  the removed it from EX with my first letter, but not from EQ after two letters. I have the third one in the mail today and am going to start mailing them weekly until they remove it   lol
Message 72 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like I will NEVER get my report looking as good as I want it to...I have been sending GW letters for my charge offs....but it looks like I have the worst companies to deal with....HSBC...HSBC BB...First Premier...they don't fall off until 2011...so I have a long wait...every time I send a letter to them...I get the same standard reply...

So far...I only had one GW accepted...a collection from Diversified Adjustment...

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO???...I guess not...but I have read...other having luck with getting HSBC deleted...I sent sent another letter...a few days ago...my fingers are crossed...
Message 73 of 378
FICOfit
Contributor

I'll play:

On 5/30/08 I sent the following GWs:

Chase Auto Finance for two 30 days lates from 2006
HSBC for a paid CO from 2004

These are the last two derogs on my CRs and I want them off BAD.  Anybody have any succes with Chase Auto and HSBC GWs?

05/19/08 TU: 703 EQ:717 EX:710

05/08 TU:660 EQ:710 EX:621
04/08 TU:654 EQ:671 EX:618
3/08 TU:608 EQ:624 EX:623
11/07 TU:564 EQ:555 EX: 560
Goal: 700 club by Dec 2008. Can it be done? Heck yeah!! It's done, let's keep it that way!
Message 74 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not me - I haven't had to deal with them. Mazda is my stickler.   Smiley Mad
Message 75 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

This Group gives me so much hope ....sent out 4 GWs today
                                                               Capital One (2 cards) lord save me
                                                                Orchard bank
                                                                Providian/WAMU
 Every week Im on a mission....my dream 700        
Message 76 of 378
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Okay so...  I got a response from Childrens Place/Citi who basically said fine... we're contacting all the CRA's to remove the derrogatory info.  Have a good day Smiley Happy  I hope they are all this easy. 

However, I think that that that one change only gave me +3 on my score. I shouldnt say only because any increade I get is good.  But if this is how all are going to be, this is going to be a very slow process.....
Message 77 of 378
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Thats what I did and plan on doing.  I made 5 copies each. Hopefully I wont need to use all 5 copies but as the denial letters come in, the same copy will go right out
Message 78 of 378
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!
Message 79 of 378
Ally_j135
Valued Member

Mailed out 6 GW's today and then I went to StarBucks.....lol.......All saved on my desk top..........Called Capital One (regular line) they transferred me to Account management once I told them I wanted a 90 day late removed........lady contacted the credit bureaus (her name is LEE)......stated should be recieving a letter as soon as they remove it.......was kinda shocked.........no more like very shocked..........wont get happy till i see it removed though!

EQ 618
EX 624
TU 593
Message 80 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.