Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW to Asset Acceptance?

tag
MissMovingForward
Regular Contributor

Re: GW to Asset Acceptance?

Hi, I was able to get Asset Acceptance to agree to a PFD.  I spoke to about 4 different CSR's before I got one who would even entertain my request and he said that he did not have the authority to agree to PFD but that he would talk to his manager.  The next day I got a call back from the CSR who said his manager agreed.  I got them to fax and mail me a letter of the agreement that if I PIF they would delete.  The payment just cleared on Friday so I am going to wait about a week and then call to make sure the delete request has been initated.  If not I have my letter from them as proof and will send it to the CRA myself if I need too.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! I figured they must grant them.  It is a stupid business model if you dont want to increase your revenues by granting PFDs!!
Message 12 of 17
palmbeachwife
Regular Contributor

That is fantastic news! Would you please respond back with your results? Also , could you PM me any contact info. to the CSR or manager? Thanks!
1/19/09 EQ 595 TU 508 EX 579 FICO
7/1/09 EQ 659 TU myFICO 654 TU 671 EX 644
10/14/10 EQ 696 EX 710 TU 728 (Wachovia pulled scores)
11/1/10 EQ 705 EX 710 TU 728 (700 Club all around, yayyy!)
07/24/11 TU 735
5/21/12 EQ 704 EX 737 TU 722
Message 13 of 17
MissMovingForward
Regular Contributor

Yes I will be happy to PM you the information once i verify that it has dropped of my credit report.  I don't want any snags in the interim.  I plan to call them either tomorrow or Friday to follow up on the agreement to delete.  I'll be sure to update you!
Message 14 of 17
MissMovingForward
Regular Contributor

UPDATE******

The collection account with Asset Acceptance has successfully been removed from my Experian and Equifax credit reports!!!  TransUnion is of course stubborn and lagging behind but I have the letter that was sent to the CBR's and will be sending them a copy to ensure this gets deleted.  Woo-hoo!Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 17
hopeful5
Regular Contributor

would you mind PM me with any contact info you used for Asset.  I too am trying to get a PFD (4) letters, no response. 
We did it...closed 1-28-10
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi could you please PM me the contact info for Asset Acceptance?  I am trying to send them a GW and havent heard back.  Thank you!
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.