Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW to Bank of America worked!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW to Bank of America worked!

Just wanted to let you guys know: I sent a GW e-mail to Bank of America about two credit cards I had about 6 years ago. I was irresponsible when I was younger, and they ended up being a paid charge-off and a paid less than full. 

I was super polite, owned up to my terrible mistakes, noted that I love BOA and that I've been a checking customer for over 10 years, and asked if it was possible if they could remove it early.

I received a voicemail that they were removing it from my CR. Smiley Very Happy I'm not sure if they're removing both (and I don't know how long before it shows up on my CR), but it was unexpected so I'm incredibly pleased. I'm definitely staying a BOA customer for life. Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW to Bank of America worked!

Can you pm me your contact. I sent one and received a phone call yesterday that it can't be done
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you mind pm'ing me the email?! Congrats!
Message 3 of 11
drkaje
Senior Contributor

This probably isn't a true case of goodwill. BoA's system appears to purge paid/closed account numbers somewhere around the 5.5 year mark. In other words; they would have no way to verify a full dispute.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact info: I searched on the Consumerist's site for BoA contact info. There's contact info there for how to reach Bank of America's CEO.

Accounts: The last activity on those accounts were Aug 2006 and July 2007, so you could be correct about the 5.5 year thing. Either way, I'm incredibly happy. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Terrie1977
New Contributor

How long after you sent the GW letter did it take for BOA to leave you a VM? Thanks!

Current Score : 625 FICO 03/07/2012
05/11/2012 641 FICO
06/03/2012 671 FICO
06/18/2012 678 FICO
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent it on March 21 and received a VM on March 26th. I have no idea how long before the change appears on my credit report.

How long have you been waiting?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you mind pm'ing me the address?

Thanks!

Message 8 of 11
livingfree
New Contributor

Can you please send me the BOA contact information.  I will like to send them a GW letter for my cc accounts.  Thanks in advance.

5/13/13 EQ 636 (Myfico), TU 660 lender pull , EX 640 lender pull
Barclay Rewards MC $2300, Cap One $750, Walmart $800, Macys $2000, Lane Bryant $600.
Message 9 of 11
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

This probably isn't a true case of goodwill. BoA's system appears to purge paid/closed account numbers somewhere around the 5.5 year mark. In other words; they would have no way to verify a full dispute.

Does this theoretical 5.5 years start from the date of last activity or the date of first delinquency?

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.