mba1983

Re: GW to government advice?

After I was finally able to contact someone at DFAS the lovely woman on the phone told me that I have been making payments through a collections agency(I dont remember making them but ok) and that my debt was paid off. And without even asking she informed me that she was removing this account from my credit report. WOOHOO win win.

Thanks for all the help guys!

guiness56

mba1983 wrote:

After I was finally able to contact someone at DFAS the lovely woman on the phone told me that I have been making payments through a collections agency(I dont remember making them but ok) and that my debt was paid off. And without even asking she informed me that she was removing this account from my credit report. WOOHOO win win.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Good that it is being deleted. 

Established Member
sportyloc107

hey my man do u have the number that you called?? i have this on my credit report and was paid off in 07..shows as paid/closed on my report

guiness56

Established Member
sportyloc107

thanks to you i had this removed with no problem..sent them a email and got a reply back in hours..no longer showing on my CR. enlistment bonus i had to pay back to the navy. i payed it off in 08.

guiness56

Nice job.  DFAS isn't too bad considering they handle every single military members and retirees pay.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+