Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW to the Dept of Education?

tag
Shiva78
Contributor

GW to the Dept of Education?

Since I'm on a roll with cleaning up my credit (thanks to all of your advice and input) I'll pose another question :-)

So, I had 4 Dept of Ed student loans that wen into default and I I was paying them consistently via arrangments with Windham Professional for the last couple of years 500 a month to bring the balance down to 8K.

In Aug/Sept, I consolodated them into one with FedLoan with an ICR plan so I can have a positive intallment acct reporting to the CRA.

A few weeks ago, I disputed to EQ an EX that those 4 accts were paid in full and sent them copies of my payment history, 0 balance and disbursements to each of the 4 accounts.

So both EQ and EX updated my reports and TLs.  They deleted all of the historical data showing all the historical lates etc and marked the accts "Paid, Closed, collections"  However, they just noted that the month of Sept as "CO" for collections.

Is there any way I can go to the govt or the CRA and show them my payment history again and just ask to update the acct as closed or GW the govt for deletiion?

BTW:  I excluded TU...They only had one acct listed...I disputed that it was paid in full without any documentation, and they deleted the TL, so I'm not complaining :-)

Thanks for listening/reading!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW to the Dept of Education?

I am disputing 2 accounts that say this for me too!  I was never sent to collections but 2 months out of my forebearance they transferred and closed all of my accounts when they switched me to Nelnet.  I just assumed it is an error but it could be standard. 

Message 2 of 3
Shiva78
Contributor

Re: GW to the Dept of Education?

With the CRAs deleting the historical data I pondered just disputing the Collections status for September so it would update as "paid, closed".

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.