cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW to whom when OC bought by different banks over years.

tag
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW to whom when OC bought by different banks over years.

No, my credit reports are not fairly equal.  Equifax & TransUnion have less items reporting, with Equifax the least.  I did pull the report.  No help-3 accounts listed as negative, 1 open-2 closed.  DOFD listed as N/A on all accounts.  No payment history listed before July 2006 or after March 2013.  All accounts are listed as PAYS AS AGREED.  All accounts, even the the 2 closed accounts, date last reported dates in April 2013.  Allso the report lists 7 inquiries, 1 legitimate request for credit, 1 from a collection agency on an account that wasn't mine that I didn't give permission to, 5 for my auto loan (2 for the same company 2 days apart).  I thought auto loan inquiries were supposed to count as 1 inquiry.  I did send all 3 accounts a GW letter last week.  I thought only revolving accounts counted for figuring account age, but my recent car loan is counted in average account age.  So I still don't know how to find the drop-off date on these accounts.

Message 11 of 17
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

So much for GW letters.  Obviously they don't work.  I sent out several but have received answers on 2 from Citibank, N.A., one for CITGO and one for Shell.  For CITGO I requested the charge-off note in the payment status on Experian be removed and explained I never received any collection notice, that the account was paid in full as indicated on the other CRA's.  Citibank wrote that the information was correct on my credit reports, that a dispute had been previously noted, and gave me a list of the CRA's. Which is correct when they are different?  The letter from Citibank about Shell in which I asked to have the 60 day late item removed from payment status on Experian, again not on others.  Their response was to request I send them a complete copy of my credit report dated within the last 30 days along with a letter explaining the information in question.  The dates on both delinquent entries is 2006.  There is no DOFD listed on the Equifax report you suggested I request.  I don't know what to do.  I also just got another hard inquiry I didn't initiate and no one will remove those either.

Message 12 of 17
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Time for the wonder twins...Smiley Very Happy

Guinness...Dabears....

...I'm never going to claim to be a "know it all here," so I'm passing the buck.

BUMP

Message 13 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Reighn9 wrote:

No, my credit reports are not fairly equal.  Equifax & TransUnion have less items reporting, with Equifax the least.  I did pull the report.  No help-3 accounts listed as negative, 1 open-2 closed.  DOFD listed as N/A on all accounts.  No payment history listed before July 2006 or after March 2013.  All accounts are listed as PAYS AS AGREED.  All accounts, even the the 2 closed accounts, date last reported dates in April 2013.  Allso the report lists 7 inquiries, 1 legitimate request for credit, 1 from a collection agency on an account that wasn't mine that I didn't give permission to, 5 for my auto loan (2 for the same company 2 days apart).  I thought auto loan inquiries were supposed to count as 1 inquiry.  I did send all 3 accounts a GW letter last week.  I thought only revolving accounts counted for figuring account age, but my recent car loan is counted in average account age.  So I still don't know how to find the drop-off date on these accounts.

It would be much, much easier to decipher if you posted these TLs as they are on your credit reports.  From reading the posts, it is hard to figure out what is going on.  If the account was never sent to collections or charged off, there will be no DoFD or drop off date.

That is what is conflicting.  In one you say the TL is listed as CO'd, yet here they say pays as agreed.

Inquiries for an auto loan, over a certain period of time, 14 - 45 days depending on which FICO version is used, are only scored as one inquiry, however they will all still show up.

Any OC account, open or closed is factored into AAoA.  CA and PR are not.

Message 14 of 17
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

One reason this post is out of context and not just listed is it is an answer to someone"s specific post to me.  I've been saying these accounts never went to collection all along.

1-this person asked if my CRs were equal

2-He told me I should pull my Equifax report to get the DOFDs on the negative accounts and how to do it.

3-Experian lists things the others do not. Payment status show CITGO as a CO with $0 balance

4-Equifax reports $0 balance pays as agreed

5-Transunion reports $0 balance paid in full

6-Received answer from Citibank to GW letter saying their records indicate the information on the credit reports is correct. That I may contact the CRAs to add a statement.

7-My question-which is correct?

8-Experian shows 60 days late in payment status for Shell (this was 2006)

9-Equifax & Transunion both show pays as agreed

10-Citibank answered thi GW letter where I requested removal of that note with a request for my complete credit report dated within the last 30 days and a letter explaining the information in question.

11-Does this mean negative information stays on your report forever then? I keep being told as accounts age it has less impact but the # 1 factor listed for negative score factors is derogatory information and missed payments.

12-I have no PRs, no CAs, the CO is in error.  I have other errors on my reports I can't get corrected. I have disputed with CRAs and OCs

13-This is the first time I've written a GW letter.  So many people were saying how well they worked in just a short time I thought I'd try.  It's been 7 years on all my accounts listed as negative.

14-the auto loan inquiries were in period of 1 day with one company checked a second time 2days later.

Do you have any suggestions? I hope this cleared things up.  My TLs are being reported differently by each CRA.

Message 15 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If they were never CO'd or sent to collections, TU and EQ are reporting correctly. 

You can have a pays as agreed with a 60 days late being reported.  Were you ever late?

No, negative items do not stay forever.  If there is a DoFD those TL are removed 7.5 years from the DoFD.  The TL had to have been charged off or sent to collections to have a DoFD.

If an account is adverse only due to late payments, those lates will come off 7 years from there occurence.  Once the last late comes off the account will again be positive and stay for up to 10 years from the date closed.  Those lates from 2006 will come off this year and your account will become positive.

Message 16 of 17
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

I never got a collection notice or anything indicating a charge-off from CITGO yet it's reported on Experian as a CO with $0 balance.

The station left town so I had no ue for the card and the account was paid in full.

Yes I was late in 2006. I lost my income for a couple of months but called all my creditors, paid what I could, and most didn't reoprt late payments. All said they wouldn't report anything.

I haven't been late since then on any account.

The only CRA showing a CO is EX and I can't find a DoFD on that report.  EQ and TU don't show the CO

I don't have any charge-offs or collections.

One of the lates is a current, open account.  I have 2 lates that are closed, and the one EX claims to be a Charge-off.  I don't know what months these occured.

Thanks for your explanations.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.