Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW via email?

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

GW via email?

Has anyone had any luck sending GW's by email?  I have yet to recieve any reply.  Nothing at all.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Re: GW via email?

I did with credit protection association
Message 2 of 18
CowboyWXYZ
Established Member

I did with my credit union and had success for both a credit card and automobile account.

You  never know until you try.....

Message 3 of 18
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I have tried with Central States Recovery repeatedly and I haven't heard anything back from them.

Message 4 of 18
esmer0924
Regular Contributor

I did with Credit One Smiley Happy

They removed it from my credit report Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 672 TU, 669 EQ, 659 EX FAKO(10/3/11)
Current Score: 786 TU FICO(5/23/14), 758 EQ FICO (8/01/14), 811 EX FICO (5/26/14)
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 18
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I'm going to try to mail out a GW today.  I keep check on credit karma bc it's free and it still shows them.  I don't want to have to buy another report from MyFICO.

Message 6 of 18
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Just b/c Credit Karma shows it....doesn't mean it's there. 

I once had g/w (with a personal phone call) approved....she did mention that she loved my holiday stationary and handwritten note.

Try it.  And keep trying.  It takes one yes to get the job done.

Message 7 of 18
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I have emailed them repeatedly and they never repsond.  How exactly do you ask for GW over the phone?

Message 8 of 18
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

call them up and ask.  I was successful with a medical paid collection, and two lates from JC Penney.

Message 9 of 18
Shellie
Valued Contributor

So I ask specifically for a "goodwill adjustment" like we do in the letters? Or just asked that it be removed from my credit?  I am pretty sure I have already spoke to them on the phone and they refused. (can't remember.  too many things going on)

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.