Shellie
Valued Contributor

Re: GW via email?

bump

Message 11 of 18
bluescale
Regular Contributor

I was successful getting a GW deletion from Citibank.

Message 12 of 18
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Do ask for "goodwill adjustment"? or word it some other way?

Message 13 of 18
bluescale
Regular Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

I did.  Here's a rough draft of the letter I sent to Citi:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Goodwill-Letter-to-Citibank-Suggestions/m-p/2...

I made a few adjustments before finally sending it off.

Message 14 of 18
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

If u talk to them be sincere and just basically ask them if they can request a delete. Tell them your story how u were young and dumb and dont want this to reflect on your now better judgements yada yada yada. Sell it girl!

Message 15 of 18
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

There are no rules or guidance really to give about GW... people have had success in every way imaginable.. using emails, faxes, letters, calls, cookies, flowers.. whatever you can think of someone has tried and probably had success..

What you are asking is so open ended, you aren't going to get too many suggestions outside of 'make it personal' -- everyone has their own personal touch.

My favorite thing to add to GW letters of all variety is "Although the FCRA requires all information that is reported to the credit reporting agencies is accurate, it does not require all information be reported. Therefor, your company has descretion in what it chooses to report. I hope you consider a deletion of what is currently reporting in my case" or something like that..

But yes, I have had plenty of success via email.. probably at least 5 accounts... but then again, I had a million accounts... Smiley Happy

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 16 of 18
tcrutchf
Valued Member

@esmer0924 wrote:

I did with Credit One Smiley Happy

They removed it from my credit report Smiley Happy

Would you mind sending me the email that you used? I have been trying to get Credit One removed for a while! Thanks.

Chapter 13 Discharge - October 27, 2021
Current FICO 8 scores: Experian-689 Equifax-676 TransUnion-656
Message 17 of 18
rickm2
Established Member

If anyone has email contacts for Creditone, Chase Auto, TD Auto - I would greatly appreciate them along with any advice on sending GW via email

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.