Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW with synchrony is just a pipedream

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW with synchrony is just a pipedream

just spoke with someone higher up (I emailed the CEO, and someone got the email), and she said they no longer do Goodwill, unless there is a real reason. they report accuratly, and they don't do it to help any credit for people. She will look at account, but will not remove lates, since it's accurate reporting. She said there has been an influx in the last few years, so they are cracking down. Smiley Sad

oh well. my only other baddie is WF dealer with a 30 day late the month I paid it in full.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
deseandav09
Contributor

Re: GW with synchrony is just a pipedream

check your pm

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony will do GW, they are just tough to crack.  They can be cracked though, especially if you use the Saturation Technique:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-o...

Synchrony removed all of the lates (there were several) from one of my accounts with them using this technique, but it took many Rounds and persistence.  I'm now hammering away at them hard with GW letters for another account I have with them. 

You will have many people say exactly what I wrote in your original post, and 95% of the replies you get will echo that as well... but there is that 5% that will eventually work if you keep at it.  Good luck.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been having the same issue with Synchrony/Carecredit... I've sent numerous letters and emailed via the website... I currently have 3 lates and these are my last baddies.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep sending letters.  It probably took me 60-70 letters sent to them before I had my first Synchrony account cleaned free of baddies.  It was well worth it, though.  I'm probably 30-40 letters in on my other Synchrony account, so with any luck I'm about half way to getting a favorable result.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pretty much got the same reponse. They told me they have to report everything accurately. I would love to see if anybody has had success with goodwill letters since the begining of 2017.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.