Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW worked...but not all the way.

tag
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

GW worked...but not all the way.

Back in May I had a problem with several bill payments...I had deposited a large amount of money into my credit union savings account, and attempted to use the account to electronically pay these bills. Being the dummy that I am, I didn't realize there is a limit on the number of electronic transfers that can be done from a savings account, causing some of these payments to be returned to the creditors.

Luckily I was able to work out most of the payments and none of them went into the 30-day late payment period, except for my mortgage with Wells Fargo. I had contacted them trying to fix the problem, and never received a response. I ended up having to wait until I had access to the money in my account and paid exactly 40 days late (25 days after the grace period). As soon as the 30-day hit my credit reports, I GW'ed through their message center, receiving the standard response that they couldn't change it. I tried agin to no avail. Finally I submitted a dispute through Equifax, because the info they had submitted was actually incorrect...they had me as two months late with twice the overdue balance. When the dispute came back with the late info being verified, I finally wrote a long GW letter explaining the payment mix-up and pleading for them to remove the late because I have no other late payments anywhere on my report, and faxed it to Wells Fargo. This was about two weeks ago.

I've not yet received a response from WF, but today had a FICO alert that the account info had changed. When I pulled up a new report, the account status has been changed to Paid as Agreed and all derogatory info has been removed, except for the 30-day late in the little calendar. My score has also not changed since the time it went back up while the account was in dispute; however, I also recently paid down a large balance on one of my credit cards so I'm assuming the the effect of the 30-day late is being countered by the new zero balance.

My question is...should I contact WF again thanking them but also asking them to remove the 30-day late? Is it possible that they just missed removing that part, or is it normal that everything else changed but they left that? It's confusing to see the account listed as "Never Late" and with no delinquencies reported, but the 30-day mark is still in the calendar. FYI my score power reports that I have never paid any account late, but the actual credit report lists the WF account as a negative. So confusing!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW worked...but not all the way.

Bump.

Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@wndrwmn78 wrote:

My question is...should I contact WF again thanking them but also asking them to remove the 30-day late? Is it possible that they just missed removing that part, or is it normal that everything else changed but they left that? It's confusing to see the account listed as "Never Late" and with no delinquencies reported, but the 30-day mark is still in the calendar. FYI my score power reports that I have never paid any account late, but the actual credit report lists the WF account as a negative.

If I had that, I would wait. I wouldn't want to rock the boat. I'd give it 6 months of perfect payments and then I'd try again.

Message 3 of 4
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

That's kind of what I figured...the good news is that I have time, and have no need for new credit anytime soon. Eventually though we'd like to move (hopefully in the next couple of years) and I hope to have the late mark off before we start shopping for a new mortgage. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.