Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GWing a 9 Year Old Chargeoff?

tag
bluefoxing
New Contributor

GWing a 9 Year Old Chargeoff?

I had a credit card with Chase when I was 18. It was in good standing until I turned 20, in which some unpleasant experiences occured and I fell behind in my bills and had to throw all my money at hospital bills and lawyer fees. I won't post the goodwill letter here as its a little personal for me.

It shows the card was reported as a charge-off in 2005. Thats over 9 years ago. The balance shows $0 and for the last several months it has only reported to one credit beauru, Experian.

Is it possible to goodwill this and have them remove it since it is so old and shows $0? They report late payments on there too... which report for 2009 which is impossible because the card was charged off before then. I think it was reported incorrectly later by whatever collection ageny later.

Anyways... GW it?

Starting Score: EX 578 | EQ 542 | TU 577 as of 3/7/2014
US Bank $300, First Progress $1000, First Progress #1 $300, Capital One $300, Credit One $400
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: GWing a 9 Year Old Chargeoff?

It should NOT be on your CR if it was CO'd in 2005.

Can you post a picture of how the TL is reporting?  It is possible that it is now an account in good standing.

Message 2 of 5
bluefoxing
New Contributor

Sure...here is how its reporting...

Starting Score: EX 578 | EQ 542 | TU 577 as of 3/7/2014
US Bank $300, First Progress $1000, First Progress #1 $300, Capital One $300, Credit One $400
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

DOFD was most likely in Jul of 07, law allows 7 yrs + 180 days from this date, those lates should drop as the months come up this year then it looks to turn positive but I would just dispute it off at that time, I would not want an account showing positive with notations of it being a CO.

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The CO annotation has to be removed 7 years + 180 days from the DoFD.  The lates leading up to the CO will either already be gone or go when the CO is removed.

It would not be a positive account if there were any CO annotations on the account.

Chances are the entire TL will be excluded at the end of the 7.5 years.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.