cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GWs that I forgot about seem to have worked??!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GWs that I forgot about seem to have worked??!!

I checked TC this morning & was down to 1 collection on EX, whereas before I had 3.. so scrolled down to see what the deal was, and my two Medical Data Systems med collections were gone!!! These were my two remaining med collections & MDS had told me they would have done a deletion after payment, but since I took a 20% discount (on a group of 9 collections totaling over $2K.. they should have been kissing my butt!!!) they would not consider deleting.

I GW'd their branch office & the CA's main office, along with the OC.... detailed my horrible medical past, and also said I thought it was a little crooked that they would not delete simply b/c I took a relatively small discount offer.. I stated that I wouldn't have paid the extra 20% for a PIF even if I had it on hand, because used to work in med billing/insurance and I know for a fact they would have gotten many times less the amount I paid out of pocket if I'd had insurance at the time, and I felt that policy was kind of an extra kick-you-while-you're-down to the uninsured consumer.

Sent these letters three times, to each of the three parties.. most recent was a month ago and I just sorta gave up and figured live & let live.

Well, this morning they're gone from EQ & it's gone from 669 to 676!!! I officially have two scores in the "GOOD" range!!! Wooohooooo!! AND it's my DD's seventh birthday Smiley Very Happy

Hopefully it'll fall off EQ & TU over the next few weeks.. but that is kinda scary b/c these two are my ONLY collections left on EQ & TU, so I don't want to get rebucketed Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Re: GWs that I forgot about seem to have worked??!!

Oh Im sooo happy for you! I know how hard you work on your letters.
As for rebucketing I was thinking the same myself. I was considering leaving some paid collections to sit while some other stuff "Aged". They fall off in a few years anyway! I think even after I want to buy a house. Im still mulling it over in my head.
Anyway good deal for you!
I noticed my obsolete letter says in dispute for reinvestigation... which I didn't ask for.. I asked for them to take it off...
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

FINAL UPDATE FOR THIS THREAD:

As of this morning, the two med collections have also fallen off TU & EQ. This means I now have ZERO collections on my CRs!!!!!

TU score actually went down two points to 677. No big deal though, it's still in the "good" range, which is more than I've ever had in my tiny little adult life... I think maybe I was rebucketed.

EQ leapt up from 652 to 695!!!! Holy crap! That's like... a LOT of points! for going to a report with two collections to a report with NONE!!
Message 3 of 6
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

ivyalmighty wrote:
 This means I now have ZERO collections on my CRs!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!  That is WONDERFUL news!
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

DW and I are down to 1 CA apiece. We are looking to join you soon! Congrats!!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

ivyalmighty wrote:
FINAL UPDATE FOR THIS THREAD:

As of this morning, the two med collections have also fallen off TU & EQ. This means I now have ZERO collections on my CRs!!!!!

TU score actually went down two points to 677. No big deal though, it's still in the "good" range, which is more than I've ever had in my tiny little adult life... I think maybe I was rebucketed.

EQ leapt up from 652 to 695!!!! Holy crap! That's like... a LOT of points! for going to a report with two collections to a report with NONE!!

Totally jealous Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.