cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gained 15 points, the plan is coming together!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gained 15 points, the plan is coming together!

I was very surprized to see that my EQ score viewed here (myfico) jumped 15 points from 651 to 666 yesterday. I don't know what caused it to go up by that much!  I paid off a low balance Cap 1 card ($300. limit). That showed $9. when the statement closed last month. Used it a little during the month then PIF before the statement closed on Friday. I also brought the balance of my Orchard card down to $486. from $745. ($750. limit). That statement closes today. My plan is coming together but I don't know what caused my score to jump that much!  I doubt Orchard updated to the CBs yet. Some inquiries became a year old over the last few weeks. Maybe they stopped going against my score? Final thing will be to pay off my Cap 1 card the end of next week ($735 bal/ $750 limit) to apply for some auto loans to refi my car. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Gained 15 points, the plan is coming together!

Might want to subscribe to USAA CMS, so that you can pull all 3 CRs free each day, and especially so, when you receive an SW alert.

This way, when the alert comes in and it tells you your score went up 20 points because of "Heavy use of available credit", you can know for certain it was actually because of a collection fell off you're EQ report or AAoA increased due to a backdated Amex account of 2006.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the scores that they offer real or FAKO?  Maybe combine being able to view my CRs from there with my score that I receive from here? 

Thanks for the info! 

Message 3 of 5
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are the scores that they offer real or FAKO?  Maybe combine being able to view my CRs from there with my score that I receive from here? 

Thanks for the info! 

They're FAKO scores. As you mention, the balue is in being able to view the info on the CR, and you can combine that with another service if you are interested in your score.  eliminateidtheft.com offers a daily tri-pull service as well.  It is a bit clunky in that it forces you to log-in several times before you get to your reports, but it is one of the cheapest services for pulling all three.  I think it was $180 for the year, or $15/month, for me and my wife to each be able to pull all three reports each day.  If you don't want to pay for the whole year at once, it's a couple extra dollars per month.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gained another 8 points today! I received an alert and checked to see that my score went up to 674!  It's nice to see "work" being rewarded!  I'm going to take your suggestion and sign up for the USAA CMS. I figure this increase is from paying off one low limit card and paying another down. I have one more card with a $747. balance. ($750 limit). That will be paid off tomorrow. I hope to be golden after my reports update after that.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.