Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gained 42 points on Equifax

tag
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Gained 42 points on Equifax

I went from 576 in mid May to 618 today.  My short sale was updated and 30 and 60 days lates removed for a Suntrust car loan paid off in 2010.  A paid collection was deleted.  So with all of that together I have gained 42 points.  I am currently waiting for a 30 day late from June 2011 to be removed (WFNNB said they would remove yesterday).  I also sent a HIPPA letter to get a paid medical bill delted.  If these work I am pretty sure it will send me over 620.  I also sent a round of Goodwills today.  One to get a 30 from May 2011 deleted on Santander car loan.  I sent an email off to Chase for some removals of four 30 day lates and to FIA / BOA credit card (my worst account several 30 and 60 day lates).  I do not have alot of faith these will work but I guess you do not know unless you try.  

I am currently at 629 Transunion (mid April) but since the I have had some of the Suntrust late payments removed, a Citibank credit card that they were reporting negatively (in error) updated to current, and a unpaid collection updated to a zero balance but not deleted.  So I am pretty sure Transunion is a little higher but I have not paid to pull my score again.  

Experian I am at a 663 FAKO and nothing negative has been removed from there.  How do you guys tackle Experian?  I seem to be getting nowhere with dealing with them directly.  I have one paid collection, the short sale, and the late payments on that profile.   I have goodwilled this collection agency once again in hopes of getting removed from Experian.  It was already removed from Equifax.

Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: Gained 42 points on Equifax

Congrats on your success so far! Smiley Happy

seems like some have difficulty getting items removed off EQ and TU, but looks like you and I just can't get thru with EX. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

keep up the good work!!

Message 3 of 9
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

I got a call from BOA in response to my email.  The answer was no.  This is my worse account :-(.  She was super nice though.  I can't be mad at BOA because it is my fault.  Atleast I tried and I may keep trying with them I am not sure.  They will only remove if it was a banking error on their end.

Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 4 of 9
annielorie
Valued Contributor

When you GW the CA and they deleted from Equifax they probably havent reported it to EX yet I cant imagine deleting from one report and not the others.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 5 of 9
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

The collection agency deletion was a result from a letter from the attorney to the CRA.  I have now sent a GW letter to the CA because it is still on Experian.  Experian claims they never got the letters from my attorney to do any investigations.  This was a $25.00 paid collection so I am sure the CA decided it was not worth their time to validate so that is why it got deleted off of Equifax.  That is my guess anyways.  Equifax deleted alot of my bad stuff because of the attorney letters.  I got lucky with them.

Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 6 of 9
annielorie
Valued Contributor

So dispute with EX and if they dont validate ...delete

Message 7 of 9
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

I have a call with my attorney scheduled for tomorow.  If the GW does not work I will try that.  She is also supposed to be checking on the staus of the letters she sent to Experian.  Have you disputed online with experian and had any success?  I am trying to avoid dispute comments on my reports as well.

Chase update... they just called and I got another no on my late payments but I did ask if I am able to pay if off will they delete the tradeline.  She said that would give her more to work with but could not tell me yes.  She gave me her contact information to call if I am able to pay it off.  Now to just come up with an extra $2300.00 and I will be in business Smiley Happy 

Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 8 of 9
annielorie
Valued Contributor

I dispute via mail only CM RRR you need a paper trail. Let your attorney do follow up first. As for Chase she is secretly saying yes. Find the money get it deleted you're almost there!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.