cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap between opening a second secured card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gap between opening a second secured card.

Hello all. I applied for Capital One secured three weeks ago and my card was mailed yesterday. How long do I need to wait before applying for second secured card? Any also out of curiousty...how can obtain all my three credit scores? Thanks!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Gap between opening a second secured card.

Hello,

It's going to take like three months before Capital One posts, so I would just get another one now because it won't be on your reports for a while.

If you are looking for your FICO scores, only place you can buy them is here.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 17
dursty87
Established Contributor

+1. If you just got approved for a CapOne secured card and don't have any other revolving TL's I would try to get a 2nd one as soon as possible as they will age together.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Whitney

@Whitneyy wrote:

Hello,

It's going to take like three months before Capital One posts, so I would just get another one now because it won't be on your reports for a while.

If you are looking for your FICO scores, only place you can buy them is here.

Thanks Whitney

Message 4 of 17
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

My Cap1 Secured reported within 3 weeks of receiving it, but ymmv. I think its sound advice to get a 2nd one ASAP

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ssondubs wrote:
+1. If you just got approved for a CapOne secured card and don't have any other revolving TL's I would try to get a 2nd one as soon as possible as they will age together.

Thanks! What do you mean by revolving TL's? 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

My Cap1 Secured reported within 3 weeks of receiving it, but ymmv. I think its sound advice to get a 2nd one ASAP

Any card you would suggest? Thanks. 

Message 7 of 17
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ssondubs wrote:

Thanks! What do you mean by revolving TL's? 

You're welcome.

Credit cards, maybe another secured card from your credit union or another bank. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 8 of 17
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

From what I've read hear...Bank of America has the best secured card as it graduates within 12 months. Also, the Navy Federal secured if you're eligible. 

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again!

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

From what I've read hear...Bank of America has the best secured card as it graduates within 12 months. Also, the Navy Federal secured if you're eligible. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.