Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gas Company Collections On CR

tag
romyjoey3
Established Member

Gas Company Collections On CR

I have a Dominion collection on my CR that is killing me. It dropped me almost 100 points in the last 2 months. 

We moved and I didn't receive a final bill.

I called Dominion today to PIF for a delete but got someone who had no clue what I was taking about. She didn't even think they could do that (thanks to you all I know better!). She did say my account was referred to a CA but I hesitate to even poke that beast. She did read me a letter from her software that an account can be recalled from the CA after payment. However, she had never seen this before and had no way to send it to me for review before I paid.

I am very, very, very hesitant to pay this account without assurance it will be deleted. 

This is my first time doing something like this.

Who do I contact next? Random customer service number with gas company again? CA? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Gas Company Collections On CR

Get it in writing, create a paper trail....

I would send something to them in the mail, or email stating that you would like to pay it in full pending a deletion after the funds have been received.  (PFD) 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 9
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Who is reporting on your CR?    the gas company? the CA? or both?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 9
romyjoey3
Established Member

Just the gas company not the CA. Only reason I knew about the CA was they (the gas company) told me about them.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When we were in a similar situation, I sent a PFD letter to the CEO of the company, and that got the job done right away.  For Dominion Resources, you can find the CEO information: click here just scroll down to "Executives" and you'll see the names listed there.   

Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 9
IOBA
Senior Contributor

If the OC is willing to recall the debt from the CA and the CA is not reporting - it sounds like an in house collection - go for it!

Then follow discerment's recommendation.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
romyjoey3
Established Member

I just did some more poking around on this and noticed it is listed on my Experian as owned by the CBE group, sigh.

So do I try a PFD with Dominion or just deal with the CA?

Ugh.

Message 7 of 9
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Try dealing with Dominion first.

Message 8 of 9
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@IOBA wrote:

Try dealing with Dominion first.

+1......Keep us informedSmiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.