Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway Financial Services--advice needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gateway Financial Services--advice needed

I have an auto loan from Gateway Financial Services from May 2007. Car was reposessed and redeemed shortly after due to job loss. The car caught on fire and was a total loss. Insurance had lapsed. (Please don't beat me up, I KNOW )

Anyway, I have 2 tradelines showing from GFS, one for original loan, and another where it looks like it was refinanced. Last payment was Jan '08. Acct was never sold to CA, and shows C/O Aug 2011. Until then pymt history is listed as "Ok". Clearly the reporting is wrong, isn't it?

I thought I read somewhere that since it is an original creditor this will not fall off my CR. Is that a correct understanding?

I am so confused on this one. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks for your help!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gateway Financial Services--advice needed

@Anonymous wrote:
I have an auto loan from Gateway Financial Services from May 2007. Car was reposessed and redeemed shortly after due to job loss. The car caught on fire and was a total loss. Insurance had lapsed. (Please don't beat me up, I KNOW )

Anyway, I have 2 tradelines showing from GFS, one for original loan, and another where it looks like it was refinanced. Last payment was Jan '08. Acct was never sold to CA, and shows C/O Aug 2011. Until then pymt history is listed as "Ok". Clearly the reporting is wrong, isn't it?

I thought I read somewhere that since it is an original creditor this will not fall off my CR. Is that a correct understanding?

I am so confused on this one. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks for your help!

The account will not fall off, but the derogs will.

You would need to direct dispute the reporting with GFS. Ordinarily, the lender is required to charge off a delinquent account after 180 days, not three years!

I wonder if they have your account mixed up with someone else (or its a case of identity theft)?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.