Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gee, thanks...

tag
ckreyn00
Valued Member

Gee, thanks...

I sent a handful of letters to various representatives at Resurgent Capital Services copies of a PFD letter a few weeks ago in the hopes of getting them to change the settlement agreement they've extended to me via Northland Group for an old American Eagle account. While they did agree to settle for $300 instead of the $775 or so that it's climbed to, Northland couldn't agree to delete.

And I finally received a response from Resurgent today-- in the form of a debt validation letter. That's it. I open the envelope hoping to find the results, and they've dodged the question all together.

Time to draft a second PFD, it would seem...

Starting score: 531 (March 2010)
Current score: 747 (February 2014)

It took four years, but I did it.
Next up? 800 club.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Gee, thanks...

Is the CA, close to dropping off your CR?

After you pay the CA, you can always send GW letters to try to get it deleted.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
ckreyn00
Valued Member

Re: Gee, thanks...

The CA won't fall off until December 2013. Should I pay now and pray for GW deletion later? Or should I diligently send my PFD letters in the hopes of them landing on the right desk...?

Starting score: 531 (March 2010)
Current score: 747 (February 2014)

It took four years, but I did it.
Next up? 800 club.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.