Did you mean: 

Gemb/Sams Reporting Bal Twice?

tag
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Gemb/Sams Reporting Bal Twice?

Hey Fico Family

I have a credit report (TU) showing :

Gemb/Sams Bal $834  Status (charged off as bad debt)

Lvnv Funding Llc $834 Status (Collection Account)

it's the same account why are they both reporting

But on EQ is shows

Gemb/Sams Bal $0 (status Bad Debt Collection)

Lvnv Funding Llc $834 (status 120+)

My question is 'should I address this issue with TU'? Or just let it be (I have a total of 5 collections by May 2013 they will all be gone!  (three by Dec 2011)

Thanks

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Gemb/Sams Reporting Bal Twice?

The Gemb/Sams is an OC,and the Lvnv Funding is a CA.Yes they both can report,an OC and only one CA.

When an OC reports a $0 balance that usally means the debt was sold to an CA.

What happens when an OC is a CO, the OC then can further hurt your CS by assigning or selling the debt to an CA.

And when the CA starts reporting on your CR,thats whats hurting your CS more.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 8
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Lightnin,

I guess I'll have to deal with the CA to get this removed and 'not' Sams right? 

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 3 of 8
mauve
Valued Contributor

Call Sam's and find out who owns the debt.  If it's Sam's, PFD them, but make sure they include the CA. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Message 4 of 8
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

okay I'll do that, and post back once I have the info.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 8
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Called Sams or (GEMB) they said my accounts in another department... so they transferred me to collections, and they said they sold it to LVNV back in March of 09.

Scheduled to drop off in 12/2012, but i would love to have it removed before then, but it's reporting that same balance on Sams Club so if the CA deletes the account as a result of a 'PFD agreement' how would I go about getting Sams off for the same account? any thoughts?

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Both can legitimately report on the basis of the same original debt.  A CO is reported by the OC.  If they then refer it out for collection, or sell it to a CA, the CA can report their additional derog on the same debt, showing the escalated activities being taken to collect the debt.

It might be the "same debt," but it is no the "same account." 

The OC reports delinquencies/COs on the OC account that you have wth them.  A CA reports to a totally separate portion of your CR. that is not an "account" with you, but rather is strictly a reporting "account" between the CA and the CRA.

The only problem I see with their reporting is that once the CA reported the debt of $834, the the OC should have updated their debt balance to $0.  You cant owe the identical debt to two different parties.  Only one.  But you can have reporting of delinquencies/derogs on failure to pay that debt reported as both a CO and CA in your credit scoring.

Message 7 of 8
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

I see, that may be why the CA reports $834 and GEMB (Sams) reports $835? Pretty slick.

I don't know If I want to mess with them just yet since I don't have $835 AND i'm not sure what the SOL is for them in FL.

But I will look it up, thanks Robert.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.