Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Credit Repair Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

General Credit Repair Question

Since I'm still new (and before I get carried away) I am a bit confused. I have some collection accounts on my report (mostly medical), so when addressing the baddies, do I first need to go after accounts that are outside of SOL or tackle the most recent ones that are doing the most damage to my score? I'm trying to get my score up as quickly as possible, while cleaning up my credit, so that I could possibly get a credit card to have some revolving account info before I apply for a home loan next year. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: General Credit Repair Question

@Anonymous wrote:

Since I'm still new (and before I get carried away) I am a bit confused. I have some collection accounts on my report (mostly medical), so when addressing the baddies, do I first need to go after accounts that are outside of SOL or tackle the most recent ones that are doing the most damage to my score? I'm trying to get my score up as quickly as possible, while cleaning up my credit, so that I could possibly get a credit card to have some revolving account info before I apply for a home loan next year. Thanks in advance!

You don't have to tackle them one at a time.  If they truly need to be removed you can dispute them all at once.

I use the dispute feature from Credit Karma.  You can also do an online dispute with the three credit bureaus if you want.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: General Credit Repair Question

I disputed with 2 of the CRA's. TU closed today, only to verify all but one, which they removed. These collections are still within SOL and I'm not sure what my next step should be. I certainly don't want to re-start the clock, but I have to get them take care of one way or another as I'd like to buy a home next year and can't qualify for a VA home loan with unpaid collections.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.