Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General: Mail GW Letter vs Email

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: General: Mail GW Letter vs Email

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you typically get responses back from the letters in snail mail from all 6? 

Definitely not.  I usually get one response back, sometimes two.  Never more.  I figure most of the people that open up the letters skim over them quickly and toss them in the trash can in their 6x6 cubicle without taking the time to respond.  It's all good; I get it.  Lenders are all different.  I've had some grant me GW adjustments literally every time I've asked.  I've had others never respond to my letters but grant GW adjustments.  I've had some tell me that they never do and never will grant GW adjustments so it's a waste of my time to keep trying... but I still do.  Wells Fargo has got to be the toughest nut to crack.  I searched these forums high and low and I think found 2 people total that got a GW adjustment from them, one in 2008 and one in 2011 and nothing since.  I've had zero luck thus far, not even a ray of hope from anyone via snail mail, email or on the phone.  Today I spammed an email to 6 or 7 different "higher ups" emails that I could find so we'll see if any of those get my anywhere...

Message 21 of 32
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I have had 0% success in goodwill letters in mail, fax, and email. On the other hand, I am trying it on 2 mortgage companies who think adjusting late marks is like parting the red sea.

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol im sure even with some of my call backs from EOs they didnt do much of a review or reading of my letters even... more like a courtesy call to deny it. I've been trying with Cap One, it's my only two lates, but they won't budge. I've read a lot of success stories for them so I just keep trying.. hope to get one in the right hands.
Message 23 of 32
susieqj
Regular Contributor

I emailed capone on Thurs and I got a phone call on Fri. Very quick response. The young lady was very very nice. I am hoping that they will removed my lates as getting an apt is a challenge with the lates. I will be forever thankful.
In my opinion E-mails works because when the CEO for the company I work for gets an email and after it is sent to the manager he always wants to know the outcome.
Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have any email address for cap 1?  I have a few late payments with them.

Message 25 of 32
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have any email address for cap 1?  I have a few late payments with them.

Cap 1 EO E-mail Contact Info

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well time for another round of gws to cap one. This time I'm taking advice and found as many "higher up" officials names. I sent out of total of 10 emails and 3 snail mail. Lol. Only two emails were kicked back.
Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well time for another round of gws to cap one. This time I'm taking advice and found as many "higher up" officials names. I sent out of total of 10 emails and 3 snail mail. Lol. Only two emails were kicked back.

Nice.  I'm pretty sure there's another active thread in here within the last several days where someone posted that they received a GW adjustment from Cap One.  It may be worth checking out that thread and/or sending a PM to the OP to arm yourself with additional knowledge.

Message 29 of 32
AutoBot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How long have you been sending them for?

I have been trying to get Wells Fargo and CitiMortgage to remove late payments for about 7 months now.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.