Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General advice/next steps for rebuilding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

General advice/next steps for rebuilding

Hi everyone! Have been lurking anonymously for quite some time and have found so much helpful advice on these boards - as well as the confidence to act re: asking for manual CLIs, dealing with the bureaus to dispute incorrectly reported info, etc. Curious about what my next steps should be as I am more financially stable than I have been since college after letting several cards get charged off, numerous lates on my report, balance liquidation/accounts closed (I was young and foolish and so ignorant as to the long term consequences!). Balances and fako scores are below - how long should I wait before applying for new cards? Last of my baddies will drop off mid-late this year (2015) so excited to see what that does for score. What kind of jump can I expect if ~6 negative items drop off around the same time? Aiming to keep under 30% util if not better from now until end of 2015.

Cap 1 - 800/2250

Cap 1 - 0/1750 (just got CLI)

Cap 1 - 0/600

Citi - 200/1800

Merrick - 0/1350

Neiman Marcus - 0/1100

JCPenney - 0/2500 (just got CLI)

Amazon Store - 1250/3000 (just got CLI)

Quizzle fako - 626

CreditSesame fako - 681

Merrick FICO - 648

Have recently been denied by Barclays, tried to recon but I had let too much time pass, they'd have to do another HP. Not worth it IMO. Would love to get my Citi limit up (they dropped it years ago after my credit tanked) as it's my oldest card next to NM. Hopefully will be eligible for a decent prime card w/o an annual fee by this time or a little later next year. Any impressions or advice welcome! Thank you everyone.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: General advice/next steps for rebuilding

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone! Have been lurking anonymously for quite some time and have found so much helpful advice on these boards - as well as the confidence to act re: asking for manual CLIs, dealing with the bureaus to dispute incorrectly reported info, etc. Curious about what my next steps should be as I am more financially stable than I have been since college after letting several cards get charged off, numerous lates on my report, balance liquidation/accounts closed (I was young and foolish and so ignorant as to the long term consequences!). Balances and fako scores are below - how long should I wait before applying for new cards? Last of my baddies will drop off mid-late this year (2015) so excited to see what that does for score. What kind of jump can I expect if ~6 negative items drop off around the same time? Aiming to keep under 30% util if not better from now until end of 2015.

Cap 1 - 800/2250

Cap 1 - 0/1750 (just got CLI)

Cap 1 - 0/600

Citi - 200/1800

Merrick - 0/1350

Neiman Marcus - 0/1100

JCPenney - 0/2500 (just got CLI)

Amazon Store - 1250/3000 (just got CLI)

Quizzle fako - 626

CreditSesame fako - 681

Merrick FICO - 648

Have recently been denied by Barclays, tried to recon but I had let too much time pass, they'd have to do another HP. Not worth it IMO. Would love to get my Citi limit up (they dropped it years ago after my credit tanked) as it's my oldest card next to NM. Hopefully will be eligible for a decent prime card w/o an annual fee by this time or a little later next year. Any impressions or advice welcome! Thank you everyone.

Pay off your cards and let just 1 report 1-9% of its CL as being used, this will greatly help increase your Fico score. Its kind of hard to tell you how many points you may get when those derogs drop off, I can tell you the last one going typically results in the largest Fico bump. I would start requesting early exclusion on those derogs 6 months out for TU and 3 months out for the other 2. I think you can try some apps after you get your utilization down to where I recommended it to be.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.