Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genesis Financial Solutions

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

Genesis Financial Solutions

Got a response from my DV.  Here's what the letter says, "We have updated and cancelled your account; Genesis Financial Solutions, Inc. will no longer pursue collections on the account referenced above."

Ok...they didn't say that they were contacting the bureaus to delete the info, only that they have cancelled the account.  Should I send the 2nd DV or call them to determine what they're saying?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Genesis Financial Solutions

Give it at least a month.

If it isn't removed from your reports, dispute with the CRA.
Message 2 of 6
adamseve
Established Contributor

Well, I didn't have to wait a month to see what they were gonna do.  They updated my Equifax report with the collection which wasn't there prior to my DV.

It looks like I may have a violation on their part.  Second, if I remember correctly they don't have a right to try to collect any way because the OC was part of my Ch 7.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I got a deletion letter...it was off all reports within a week...looks like they put the request in already...so it should be happening...previous poster was basically saying...assume 30 days...at the latest...so you don't go crazy in the meantime...
Message 4 of 6
adamseve
Established Contributor

So, am I to understand that when they say they have cancelled the account & will be cancelling all collection activity to mean that they are deleting the account from the CRAs?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

adamseve wrote:
So, am I to understand that when they say they have cancelled the account & will be cancelling all collection activity to mean that they are deleting the account from the CRAs?

Yes, they should delete.

You say they updated and added to your EQ. I just wonder if they sent an update and EQ reported it as an account in a mix up, since it wasn't there to delete.

I'd dispute as "not mine" after 30 days has passed. I'd dispute fax or mail and include a copy of that letter.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.