Frequent Contributor
adamseve

Genesis Promised to Cease Collection...

yet they are still reporting on my CR.  HELP.

And to boot, they're reporting false information stating that the debt was including in my BK.  Not so.

What exactly do CAs mean when they say that they will no longer pursue collection of your account?  If that's what they're going to do, doesn't that mean that they should stop reporting to the CRAs since that is considered a collection activity?

Any help / advice is appreciated. 
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Genesis Promised to Cease Collection...

adamseve wrote:
yet they are still reporting on my CR.  HELP.

And to boot, they're reporting false information stating that the debt was including in my BK.  Not so.

What exactly do CAs mean when they say that they will no longer pursue collection of your account?  If that's what they're going to do, doesn't that mean that they should stop reporting to the CRAs since that is considered a collection activity?

Any help / advice is appreciated. 

Did you sent them a letter requesting they stop contacting you (like a cease & desist letter)?

If so they could be responding to that. If you request it in writing they do have to stop calling and if some situations based on state and wording of your letter, they have to stop writing too.

Or if you DV'd them, maybe they are in their validation phase which prevents them from collecting. However, they can continue to report.

I wouldn't dispute just yet, but I would send a GW for removal and include a copy of their letter.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}