Anonymous
Not applicable

Genius' Credit Rebuild

Just starting a thread to document my rebuild:

7/2/16:

EX Fico 8:  541

EQ Fico 8:  493

TU Fico 8:  523

Lost job, very rough going for several years.  These scores reflect just how rough it was.

2 auto repossions

Credit cards delinquent and closed

collection accounts

etc.

etc. etc.

At this point in the game, I just checked my credit score to see what all was on it.

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Genius' Credit Rebuild

2/10/17:

Still just checking to see what all is happening with my credit scores....well, not really scores, more of the accounts that are still showing up on my reports.

EX Fico 8:  522

EQ Fico 8:  504

TU Fico 8:  504

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

2/10/17 continued:

I moved into the city and began to take a serious look and start planning my rebuild.  At this point, I was about to open a BoA Secured Mastercard with a credit line and deposit of $2k.

4/10/17:  Transmission went out on my vehicle.  So, thinking that I had no other options, I went to a tote the note dealership and purchased a vehicle at 22.5% interest.  Yep....I know.  what was I thinking.  I'm trying to figure this out now!

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

June 2017:

Applied for a Capital One Platinum card.  Approved with a $300 SL.  After 5 payments, received CLI of $200.  New CL $500.  

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

11/27/17:

EX Fico 8:  608

EQ Fico 8:  635

TU Fico 8:  626

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

12/27/17:

Thinking about purchasing a home.

Contacted mortgage company.  Said they could do it.  So, now not able to apply for any other new credit until after closing.

Scores:

EX Fico 8:  614

EQ Fico 8:  629

TU Fico 8:  625

-  Repos are gone.

-  $5k NFCU nRewards Visa Charged Off

-  2 collection accounts:  EOS/CCA for TWC equipment.  Paid OC in full.  working on getting this one removed;  GC Services Dish Network Dish Equipment.  CRs say paid in full, but I never paid.  I had opened a new account and purchased my own equipment.  They marked it paid, apparently.  This one is about to fall off, or DISH told me what to do in order to have it removed.  It should fall off summer of 2018.  Think I will just ask for EE starting first of February.

- child support will terminate on June 5, 2018.  I am currently prepaid, but all late pays are showing on my report.  Not sure what to do here, except just wait.  This is going to be a thorn in my side for some time I'm afraid.

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time Warner Cable / EOS CCA

CA for Time Warner Cable equipment.

12/30/17:

Wrote Goodwill letter to Spectrum/Time Warner Cable/Charter Billing/Collections.  Explained to them that once the collection account hit my CR, I called the CA.  Then I contacted TWC and paid in full right away because they told me that if I paid in full, they would initiate a ticket to remove this account from my CR.  I also mentioned that I currently had a spectrum account that is in good standing.  Explained that we were about to purchase a home and hoped that they would show some goodwill and remove this from my credit reports if possible.  Have yet to receive a responce.

1/5/18:

Called Spectrum customer service.  Spoke with billing department.  They say that they show in their notes where it was PIF, and that the notes say that they generated a ticket to remove from CR.  However, for some reason that ticket was not completed.  They generated another ticket to remove.  Said they marked the ticket for supervisors to give me a return call in 3-5 business days.  Said it would remove in roughtly 30 days, but wait for supervisors call.

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

12/30/17:

Wrote Goodwill letter to Dish Network Billing/Collections Department explaining that old roommate had stolen my equipment.  Approximately a year later I opened a new account.  Purchased my own new equipment and had uninterrupted good service for approximately 3 years.  I currently have a dish account in good standing.  Explained that I am trying to purchase a home, and that I would greatly appreciate if they could help by removing this account from my CR.

1/11/18:

Received call from Dish Network Mail Department.  Tom was the gentleman's name.  Says that the account number that I listed on my letter which was found on my credit reports was not found in their system.  Explained to me that I needed to contact the collection agency and get the correct account number from them.  Once I have the account number in my hands, call them back and ask for a PIF letter from 
Dish.  Once I have the PIF letter, forward this to the collection agency and it will be removed within 90 days.

I'm not sure how I want to handle this account.  I never actually paid the collection agency, or Dish for that matter.  What I did was open a new account and keep it in good standing for several years.  For some reason, the CA is reporting that it is paid in full.  It is due to roll off of the reports in June 2018.  Rather than wake a sleeping bear by contacting the CA, I think I will let this one fall off on its own.

Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

12/30/17:

Wrote goodwill letters.

Also, wrote letters and mailed to all 3 CRAs asked to have both collection accounts validated.

1/10/18:  Received e-mail from Experian stating that EOS / CCA / Time Warner Cable account had been deleted from my Experian CR.  Not sure why.  Was it as a result of inability to verify, did TWC request deletion already?  No results were given.  I logged in to Experian and found that both collection accounts had been deleted, but only 1 deletion was granted per the response to my dispute.  Interesting.  Will continue to watch my CR to see what happens.

Not sure at this point whether these accounts were also removed from TU and EX.  Will continue to watch for mail or updates.

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke with mortgage company regarding my auto loan.  They said that I could refinance or trade-in.  The inquiries will not cause a problem.  A new auto TL will not cause a problem as long as my payments go down.  Currently looking for help getting this payment down.  It's from a tote the note dealership.  Nice car, but very high mileage.  Roughly $19K left, 63 payments, 22.5%.  I know.  So stupid.  

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.