Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Georgia State Tax Lien Withdrawal.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Georgia State Tax Lien Withdrawal.

Has anyone ever had any luck with getting the state of GA to withdraw a paid lien? 

This is all I could find on their website as for process, http://dor.georgia.gov/liens

Mine was filed in 2010, satisified in 2012 and stamped paid, satisfied and ordered cancelled from record. 

Do I have a chance of disputing it on my credit report? If not, that sucker is on there until 2017, which makes me die a little inside. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
ZsRebuilding1
Established Member

Re: Georgia State Tax Lien Withdrawal.

I know here in Indiana, I just had to call yesterday to the Indiana State Tax Department and get them to send me a withdrawal for the CRBs. That's in the mail now to have them removed. Now, I hear actually GETTING the crbs to remove them is literally a whole different story.

Starting Scores: TU: 499 EX: 521 EQ: 519
Current Scores: TU: 616 EX: 576 EQ: 585
Starting Goal: 680 across the board
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ZsRebuilding1 wrote:

I know here in Indiana, I just had to call yesterday to the Indiana State Tax Department and get them to send me a withdrawal for the CRBs. That's in the mail now to have them removed. Now, I hear actually GETTING the crbs to remove them is literally a whole different story.

Georgia doesn't seem to have a withdrawal form, or even a process in place for that. It states they don't report to the agencies, nor will they change anything that's been reported. Is it worth disputing and seeing what happens without a withdrawal? I do have the release, and it does say cancelled from record, but that may not translate to anything to the bureaus. 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ZsRebuilding1 wrote:

Indiana will send a withdrawal form? May I ask who you contacted for this? They just tell me it's accurate inforamtion and they won't do anything.

Message 4 of 14
ZsRebuilding1
Established Member

Just got mine today in the mail. First I contacted the courts and made sure the lien was marked as paid with them. It was. They recommended that I contact the Indiana Department of Revenue to get paperwork to send to the CRBs showing they have been satisfied. Contacted them, they sent the paperwork and I received it today. Looks like I actually have to dispute it with Experian( wut.) and with Transunion I just need to fax them the paperwork. I hear they can be a right pain on removal, though, but I'll keep battling.. escpecially since they have been satisfied.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two liens on each CR (one on EQ, not sure why but not complaining). They are marked as satified, but the CRBs won't remove them. I only tried once, though. I had thought about calling them later this year to see if they will remove them. I contacted the DoR to see if they would expunge them, but they said it's all accurate, so it may stay on there until it hits the 7 year mark.

Message 6 of 14
ZsRebuilding1
Established Member

Might be worthwhile to contact the court it was filed in to see if they can send along some paperwork. If this initial go round doesn't work, that's my Plan B.

Message 7 of 14
Mechu
New Visitor

Release of Liens right from the site

Cancellation of Liens

The Department will cancel a state tax lien when the delinquent tax liability has been resolved. The Department will mark an entry of satisfaction on the execution docket and cancel the lien with the Clerk of Superior Court in each county where the lien had been recorded.

Mortgage companies, financial institutions and taxpayers may obtain payoff information from the Department, as recorded liens are public information and do not require a power of attorney to disclose payoff information.

Withdrawal of Liens

If the taxpayer believes that a lien was filed in error, the taxpayer may request a withdrawal of the tax lien.  If the Department determines that the lien was filed in error, the lien will be withdrawn. 

Release of Expired Liens

Expired liens (also known as statute-barred liens) do not attach to any property interest of the taxpayer whose name appears on the lien. 

Removing liens from a credit bureau report

The Department has no control over the length of time that credit bureaus keep public information on a credit bureau report. To update your credit bureau report, you must contact the credit bureaus directly.

If the Department recorded a state tax lien against you in error, the Department will amend the lien by stating that it has been officially withdrawn.  Please note that the Department cannot instruct a credit reporting agency to alter its records regarding this error because the Department does not report the recording of state tax liens to any such agencies. 

Message 8 of 14
nycplayboy78
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone ever had any luck with getting the state of GA to withdraw a paid lien? 

This is all I could find on their website as for process, http://dor.georgia.gov/liens

Mine was filed in 2010, satisified in 2012 and stamped paid, satisfied and ordered cancelled from record. 

Do I have a chance of disputing it on my credit report? If not, that sucker is on there until 2017, which makes me die a little inside. 

Just file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Financial Bureau online like I did for a State of Georgia Tax Lien that was file in 2008 and the CPFB will compel each CRA to remove the lien because GA has one of the worst laws on the books regarding the withdrawal of paid liens and liens in error etc..You must file a CPFB complaint for each CRA in question. I hope this helps you out..

EX08 801 EQ08 812 TU08 805 Total Credit Line: $100K+
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was there anything you said in particular to the CPFB about your tax lien? Will saying it's been paid, satisfied and stricken from the record be enough?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.