Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Amex to give me a card again ?

tag
apoplex2
Valued Member

Get Amex to give me a card again ?

Hi,

While trying to look at my aaoa I'm wondering whether I can make use of an old Amex account. I had an Amex account from 03/2005 till 09/2012. It was never late, never util over 10%. I didn't use it at all since early 2011, and last September it was closed without Amex even telling me. Since then I have not been able to qualify for any Amex card. Is there any chance at all I can make use of this good history with them to get approved for a new card and inherit the history ?

Thanks....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

Re: Get Amex to give me a card again ?

Worth trying, apply for the Green card and you'll more than likely get approved if your score is about 700.

Message 2 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Check your scores and if you think you qualify then app if approved your account will be back dated to when ever you opened your first AMEX good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 5
apoplex2
Valued Member

Unfortunaly I keep getting denied. My Amex had a limit of 5000 USD when they closed it last September. As I said never late, never high util. Maybe they decided 7 years of me was enough. All they offer is a prepaid card, which I doubt it doing me any good.

Message 4 of 5
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

That is really strange that your account just ended like that after all that time. I had Amex way back when. I don't know for sure if I want it back.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.